Do I have a defective copy?

#1 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

She isn't showing up in the loading screens and it's locked up on me once already while in a training sequence. 
Is this normal (apart from the crash) or is my copy defective? I've installed it to my hard drive and it hasn't seemed to help.

#2 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -

I should probably also say that I'm playing the Xbox 360 version.

#3 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

Sounds like a defective copy to me.

#4 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2501 posts) -

Yeah I think you got a defective copy, don't worry, you can probably exchange it.

#5 Posted by Fogh (156 posts) -

Have you tried playing it from the disc?
#6 Posted by spiceninja (3063 posts) -
@Fogh: The crash and her not showing up in loading screens happened while I was running it from the disc. I then installed it to see if that remedied the situation and it did not.
#7 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

She doesn't show up in the first few loading screens for me either, first chapter onwards she does.  I'm pretty sure it's intentional.  No crashes here though.

#8 Posted by schismatic (1 posts) -

so when I play the demo, the game crashes like every 2 minutes--literally. I just got the game in the mail today from amazon and it does exactly the same thing. I haven't found many other issues like this, and I'm starting to think it's a problem with my xbox...

also, I get the sense the not-showing-up in loading screens is intentional for the first few, but I havent been able to get past the first part because the game crashes constantly (and not in any particular place).

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

Sounds like you have a defective copy.  I have the game installed to my HDD and it works fine.  At first she doesn't appear in the loading screen until later like Chapter 1 I think.  If you are still having the issue, get a new copy of the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.