Do you want a sequel to Bayonetta?

#1 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14569 posts) -

I really liked Bayonetta, but I don't feel like I need to play a sequel. What would they improve on? Technical issues are all the comes to mind.

#3 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4801 posts) -

I'm not strictly opposed to the idea, but I'd rather they try something new.

#4 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (764 posts) -

Yes please. I usually dont like combo fighting games, but for some reason i loved Bayonetta, it was just so ridiculous in many ways.

#5 Edited by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I loved Bayonetta (it's my GOTY 2010), but I'd rather see Platinum try their hand at creating something new and entirely different.

#6 Posted by Enigma777 (6058 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I really liked Bayonetta, but I don't feel like I need to play a sequel. What would they improve on? Technical issues are all the comes to mind. "
I agree. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of that universe and those characters (or that sweet, sweet combat), but when you consider the magnitude of the final boss, the only way they could top it is if you're fighting a galaxy TTGL-style. 

Now if we were talking about a sequel to Vanquish...
#7 Posted by csl316 (9421 posts) -

As much as I'd like one, I don't know how they could even improve on the first regarding the fundamental mechanics and bat shit craziness.

And yes, more Vanquish please.

#8 Edited by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

The rule of thumb is that the sequel has to be bigger and better than the original, and in Bayonetta's case that means upping the crazy. Sega would look at the first game and ask, "where do we go from here?" The end result will be them just trying too hard, and the game will fall flat on its face. The game doesn't need a sequel.  They could do another game like it, but trying to do a direct follow up is just a bad idea. A spiritual successor is the only real option.

#9 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Nah, Platinum Games have got a good thing going. I wanna see them keep releasing new IPs.

#10 Posted by thecombine (19 posts) -

I would love a Bayonetta sequel. But other than that, the originality of Platinum Games really makes me want to see new IPs. I just like seeing them pulling completely new and interesting game universes out of their ass, and they don't seem to be running out of ideas.

#11 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2913 posts) -

I'm not too attached to the characters or story in Bayonetta, but I love the gameplay. So I guess I'd prefer a spiritual sequel with a character I'd like more, but pickers can't be choosers. Either way, I'm down.

#12 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I loved Bayonetta, and because of that I'm going to say no.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Yes.  I want this game do be 290357023509235098 times more crazy then the first game.

#14 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I love Bayonetta, but that game doesn't need a sequel. Maybe a spiritual sequel, but I feel like Bayonetta has a universe climaxed in that game. 
Then again... that game kept on getting crazier, so I could be wrong. Though I can't imagine a more ridiculous game.

#15 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

I loved Bayonetta but Platinum Games obviously have it in them to let that be a great game within itself and move onto other great projects.

#16 Posted by quantumshift5 (415 posts) -

I just beat Bayonetta and I loved it. I hope they do make a sequel....I believe they have the potential to make atleast one more before they move on to something else.
#17 Edited by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Does the pope shit in the woods? 

DISCLAIMER:  I am actually not entirely sure as to the defecation habits of the pope, so let me clarify by saying 

OH GOD PLEASE YES GIVE ME A SEQUEL NOW

#18 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1771 posts) -

I really liked Bayonetta so yeah, I would be down for a sequel. 

#19 Posted by Turambar (6888 posts) -

I'd want a spiritual successor, not an actual sequel.

#20 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -
@EVO said:
" Nah, Platinum Games have got a good thing going. I wanna see them keep releasing new IPs. "
This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.