Famitsu Awards Bayonetta A Perfect Score

• 64 results
#51 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

Famitsu is a joke.

#52 Posted by Serker (520 posts) -

i was skeptical about batman arkham asylum when the first review was a 100/100... so i didn't learn anything is my point; still skeptical

#53 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Atlas said:
" 40/40?! For Devil May Cry with Tina Fey?! That's shocking. I'd heard some good things from E3, but 40/40? Madness.  Shame I probably won't like this game, because I really don't like DMC games. "
Fixed. 
Also, I think this game looks really cool and all but I doubt it's perfect
#54 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
#55 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Icemael said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"And they gave Uncharted 2 a 37, right?   I mean, Uncharted 2 isn't a perfect game... but Famitsu's a fucking joke."
Yeah, because Bayonetta couldn't possibly be better than Uncharted 2, right?
Right... Not even close... "
Aren't you the guy who complained about Uncharted being "underrated" by Gametrailers, when they gave it a fucking 9.3? I'm not even going to bother with you -- you've lost your credibility. I'm sure the game's fantastic, maybe even a masterpiece, but complaining about a score like that is something only a fanboy would do.
#56 Posted by LiquidPrince (15843 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Icemael said:
" @Delta_Ass said:
"And they gave Uncharted 2 a 37, right?   I mean, Uncharted 2 isn't a perfect game... but Famitsu's a fucking joke."
Yeah, because Bayonetta couldn't possibly be better than Uncharted 2, right?
Right... Not even close... "
Aren't you the guy who complained about Uncharted being "underrated" by Gametrailers, when they gave it a fucking 9.3? I'm not even going to bother with you -- you've lost your credibility. I'm sure the game's fantastic, maybe even a masterpiece, but complaining about a score like that is something only a fanboy would do. "
@Icemael: 

No, people like you will just spin what they say to make it sound like that. I said over and over that I do not think they underrated it, but merely that their praise and their score did not correlate.
#57 Edited by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: I was pretty sure "underrated" was the exact term you used? Oh well, must have been mistaken then. But still. 9.3. It doesn't matter how much praise they gave it -- 9.3 is not a score you complain about. At all. 

And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bayonetta is better than Uncharted. It does, of course, depend on your personal taste, but if you're into this type of game Bayonetta is shaping up to be the grandest, most impressive action title ever. It surpasses anything I've seen in the genre by far

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to say that Uncharted isn't fantastic, or that it doesn't deserve all the praise it has received. I'm just saying that, in my opinion, it's very possible that Bayonetta could turn out better,  if only for people who are into the genre.
#58 Posted by xyzygy (9893 posts) -
@Icemael: Totally agree with you... I hate how everyone is shitting on Famitsu because they didn't give Uncharted a 40/40. IGN didn't give it a 10. Neither did Gamespot. Or 1up. Or many others. Yet Bayonetta gets a great review from an audience that would get it's weird style, and no, they're a joke.    

In fact, Famitsu uses four reviewers, so wouldn't their reviews become more reasonable? It's not just coming from one person who might not even be into that genre. 
#59 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

Why is this even being compared to Uncharted 2? Maybe if Nathan Drake had nicer boobs....

#60 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

I'm really surprised by this but there's still quite a large chunk of my brain going "maybe it's a Japanese thing".

#61 Posted by MachoFantastico (4488 posts) -

Have to be honest here, think the game looks horrid. Not to mention the main figure of the game gives me the creeps.  

#62 Posted by solidejake (484 posts) -
@Al3xand3r: Seeing as Modern Warfare 2 got a 39, I see that Uncharted 2 deserves at least a 40.
#63 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@solidejake: good for you?
#64 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I remember seeing this and thinking that Famitsu was in the developer's pocket.  Now though, in retrospect having played the game to completion many times and seen what's come out since (great as some of those games may be), I couldn't agree more.  This so far, is my game of the year and is well deserving of a perfect score.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.