Interest in Bayonetta 2?

#1 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -

This is not a "are they making Bayonetta 2?" thread. I'm just curious how you all would feel about a sequel. I thoroughly enjoyed Bayonetta. I played through it several times on all but the hardest difficulty. While I think that a sequel is unnecessary given how the game ends, I would be very excited about getting to play with that game's unique brand of action again. Maybe we could see a more expanded combat system with more combos, more weapons, etc. It could also do with some level branching to encourage repeat playthroughs. What do you all think?
#2 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

I'd buy it. 

Bayonetta was great. A punch in the balls, but still great.

#3 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

New Devil may cry stole any kind of interest in a bayonetta sequel for me.

#4 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

I'd love a sequel to Bayonetta. I really enjoyed the first one and am meaning to go back just to collect a few more loose achievements.

Hell, back when they had a playable demo of it at the 2009 Fan Expo, I must have played it like 4 times. Really fun game.

#5 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

It would be great. Bayonetta was a great for a new IP. I wouldn't mind it somehow being refined more, and for them to add even crazier stuff. Also the PS3 version could be developed internally this time, hopefully not gimped.

I'm in no rush to see it. I'm still waiting for a proper Okami sequel with Kamiya. If only that could happen.

#6 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -
@trophyhunter:
There's a new Devil May Cry in the works?
#7 Edited by Icemael (6305 posts) -

Day one purchase if it happens. 

@Dtat said:

" @trophyhunter: There's a new Devil May Cry in the works? "

It's a "re-imagining", in this case meaning they've turned Dante into an emo, Twilight-esque pretty-boy who moves his body in as gay a fashion as possible. It's being handled by the developer of Heavenly Sword, too, so don't expect a complex, nuanced combat system.
#8 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Bayonetta was ace!
Playing it was a blast and Bayonetta is so bitchy it's just awesome!

Aka, yes, interested!

#9 Posted by Inf225 (503 posts) -

I'm totally up for some more Bayonetta, the first was such an original game.

#10 Edited by Zidane_24 (738 posts) -
@Dtat:  Yes, there is. 

Regarding a new Bayonetta game, I'd totally be on board, as long as it's kept just as crazy as the first one, if not crazier.

#11 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -
@Icemael said:
"Day one purchase if it happens. 

@Dtat said:
" @trophyhunter: There's a new Devil May Cry in the works? "

It's a "re-imagining", in this case meaning they've turned Dante into an emo, Twilight-esque pretty-boy who moves his body in as gay a fashion as possible. It's being handled by the developer of Heavenly Sword, too, so don't expect a complex, nuanced combat system. "

Ok now I am twice as excited for a new Bayonetta, because those guys still understand what it was about Devil May Cry that was awesome. Also, Dante is supposed to have white hair.
#12 Posted by Gamer_152 (14049 posts) -

Well my enthusiasm for it would depend on how good the game looks but if they released news of a Bayonetta 2 I'd be pretty expectant of good things, I loved the first game.

#13 Posted by Ivos (79 posts) -

Yes please, gimme.

#14 Posted by Aleryn (703 posts) -

Yeah, more Bayonetta would be good. I'd want a Bloody Palace mode in the sequel, more than anything else though.  Bloody Palace just meaning a gauntlet mode of like 999 floors of just endless combat.

Though if Platinum would rather just do a new action IP instead, I'd welcome that too.  LOVE those guys, and really want to get my hands on the full version of Vanquish.

#15 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2999 posts) -

Bayonetta was basically Devil May Cry, but way more awesome, so yeah, anything Platinum puts out I'm willing to back up.

#16 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

I made the mistake of playing Bayonetta solidly over the course of a week or so, doing all the difficulties. Nearly damn well gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome, but godammit I'd go through it again.

More insane action, please, Kamiya.

#17 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Bayonetta was so ridiculously over the top they could do whatever the hell they wanted with the storyline/characters/setting and it would still make sense somehow. I'd like to see Bayonetta 2 but I reckon it'll be a year or 2 before we see it, maybe more.

#18 Posted by Dtat (1622 posts) -

After taking a look at the new direction devil may cry seems to be taking, I think it's clear that Bayonetta is the right direction for that genre to go in. Interest level zero in the new devil may cry. Obviously I haven't played it. We'll see.

#19 Posted by Killroycantkill (1377 posts) -

I would love a sequel to Bayonetta. But if they want to follow the ending of the first game it's gotta turn into DMC style of hunting demons for money. Though they could tell the story of Jean which I would be really interested in.

#20 Posted by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

Totally down for some new Bayonetta. Best third person character action game for my money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.