Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Perspective From A Different Controller

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Eelcire

So after beating Bayonetta on all difficulties and S-ranking I decided to have a bit more fun while trying to get all platinum trophies on normal to ****** ******. Anyways, I also just picked up a new controller from Hori mainly for my fighting games for a better D-pad; this controller also has turbo though and Bayonetta does like the button smashing so I thought I'd give it a try.

What a difference! The torture attacks (especially on bosses) get very high scores and are super easy not having to mash the button. More interestingly, using the blue X button on turbo increases the combo score quite nicely. Not as fast as regular attacks, but it does act as a nice buffer between enemies to keep the combo going. Normally holding the X button to shoot (without turbo) will only get you 1's on your combo. By having turbo on it counts it as though you're pressing the button numerous times and keeps the number going.

Picked up the Hori Pad EX2 at Fry's, might give it a try especially if you like fighters using the D-pad. Only real downside is that it is wired. Damn you MS and not opening up the wireless spec you use!

Duder, this was posted from the Bayonetta forum, why is it here?
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eelcire

Ah, come on now...that's why I put up how I S-ranked the game before I even had bought this pad =p (with a whole lotta stone statues!) But yeah, you get max 999 fighting the golem boss in chapter IX ; and for Chapter VII fighting the boss I was getting 1700 pulling off his arms. Of course, later levels and hard difficulties the enemies will deflect the normal most of the gun shots from the X button, but it still acts as a nice buffer.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eelcire

That razor pad does look nice; I had pickup the Hori pad for the six face buttons and better D-pad. I like the Street Fighter IV fight pad, but it is really limited to games I can use with it due to no analog sticks. The Hori pad is a nice melding of the regular 360 controller and the SFIV fight pad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.