Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

PS3 Flash Sale

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

Hey guys, this game is currently on sale for $8 on PS3, and I'm really contemplating scooping it up. However, I do remember this version specifically getting a lot of flak for its less than great frame rate. What I want to know, for anyone that has played this version, is how bad is it really? Would you still recommend it for this price, or is too much of the enjoyment lost with these issues?

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I would absolutely recommend it for the price. It's been a while but I don't remember any hitches with the framerate, it's just 30fps instead of the 60fps from the 360 version. I had no problems with it. Probably a tough adjustment if you are used to the silky smooth 60fps from the 360 version though.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By FrostyRyan

The PS3 version is pretty bad because of those framerate issues. Bayonetta deserves to be experienced at 50-60fps. It's the most beautiful character action game ever because of that, on the 360 and soon to be Wii U versions.

I really can't whole heartedly recommend the PS3 version at all because of that.

EDIT: But I understand how 8 bucks can be super appealing....If you have a Wii U of course though, don't bother with this sale because you'll just get Bayo1 for free package in with Bayo 2 for Wii U.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By TechnoSyndrome
    Loading Video...

Anyone who says Bayo on PS3 is acceptable is crazy, the amount of slowdown and framerate drops are insane.

ike7779

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ike7779

@TechnoSyndrome said:

Anyone who says Bayo on PS3 is acceptable is crazy, the amount of slowdown and framerate drops are insane.

Hmm, yeah that does seem pretty rough, I don't remember most of it being that bad.

I'd still recommend the game for $8 janky framerate and all, but if you have a 360 the improved framerate is no doubt worth the extra $12 to get it from the marketplace.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
    ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It runs just fine after the patch, don't listen to the others.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I never played the PS3 version but I've heard that it was patched at one point (google found it), so a lot of the problems that were present at release aren't as bad, but that it's still not as good as the 360 version. I mean you could probably get a cheap used copy for 360 or the Bayo 1+2 bundle in a week or so when that comes out if you have either of those systems, and you'd have a sure thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I was playing earlier for the hell of it with it installed and running the latest patch, it still runs like ass. Almost always hovers around 30fps. (Which, BTW, is not something I'd normally be bothered by, but in a game like this is just looks horrible.)

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

I didn't have a good time with Bayonetta on PS3. In fact, it made me write the game off entirely until I got the 360 version and fell in love with it. So... I can't recommend it myself, but I don't think 8 dollars is the worst price if you want to take a risk on it. It's still one of the coolest games from the last generation, and who knows? Maybe you'll be able to put up with its technical issues after all.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@TechnoSyndrome: That HAS to to be pre-patch.

Edit: I guess it isn't. I really don't remember it being like that, but yeah 360 is THE way to play the game. Or WiiU

Nefarious_Al

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witch Time without going into Witch Time only on PS3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
    deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played through Bayonetta on PS3 around its launch. I got used to the dips and compensated for them. It was troublesome, but not as bad as people make it out to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.