Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

PS3 version getting fixed by Sony before US release

Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bolduk

As the title explains it pretty well already, PS3 owners may now rejoice, for the PS3 version of Bayonetta will get fixed before the US release. It is also "garanteed" that the American version should also use the full power of the PS3. Follow the link to destructoid.com for the full story!

http://www.destructoid.com/bayonetta-ps3-getting-fixed-by-sony-before-us-release--156600.phtml

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

I doubt this, or at least most of this. However, I don't care about this game at all, so for me its a moot point. 
    All I can say is "Buyer beware."

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Zajtalan

....yay!

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By luce
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bolduk
    @extremeradical said:
    " I doubt this, or at least most of this. However, I don't care about this game at all, so for me its a moot point. All I can say is "Buyer beware." "
    You doubt of this? Well tell this to Sega, Platinium and Sony, because the process is already in the work.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skald
    @Bolduk said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " I doubt this, or at least most of this. However, I don't care about this game at all, so for me its a moot point. All I can say is "Buyer beware." "
    You doubt of this? Well tell this to Sega, Platinium and Sony, because the process is already in the work. "
    To be more clear, I doubt the port job is going to be any good regardless. I doubt they are breaking the bank trying to get this game up from 20 frames to 60, and playable, at that.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy
    @extremeradical said:

" @Bolduk said:

" @extremeradical said:

You doubt of this? Well tell this to Sega, Platinium and Sony, because the process is already in the work. "
    To be more clear, I doubt the port job is going to be any good regardless. I doubt they are breaking the bank trying to get this game up from 20 frames to 60, and playable, at that. "
    Yeah like what the hell can they do in under a month? The game is due Jan. 6 and it is now Dec. 6. The game needs to also be finished, copied and shipped before that date, so I'd say there is another 10-15 days before the release date to do that. What the hell can Sony do to a full game in a timespan of around 20 days?
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Skald
    @xyzygy said:
    " @extremeradical said:

" @Bolduk said:

" @extremeradical said:
    To be more clear, I doubt the port job is going to be any good regardless. I doubt they are breaking the bank trying to get this game up from 20 frames to 60, and playable, at that. "
    Yeah like what the hell can they do in under a month? The game is due Jan. 6 and it is now Dec. 6. The game needs to also be finished, copied and shipped before that date, so I'd say there is another 10-15 days to do that. What the hell can Sony do to a full game in a timespan of around 20 days? "
    Not to mention the fact that they haven't cared up to this point, and I doubt they care now. Either the port gets delayed another two or three months or I have to call bullshit on them.
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bolduk
    @extremeradical said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @extremeradical said:

" @Bolduk said:

" @extremeradical said:
    Yeah like what the hell can they do in under a month? The game is due Jan. 6 and it is now Dec. 6. The game needs to also be finished, copied and shipped before that date, so I'd say there is another 10-15 days to do that. What the hell can Sony do to a full game in a timespan of around 20 days? "
    Not to mention the fact that they haven't cared up to this point, and I doubt they care now. Either the port gets delayed another two or three months or I have to call bullshit on them. "
    Okay I repeat:  "the process is already in the work". I don't think it means they just began working on it. Also I highly doubt that Sega would have announced this if they weren't a little sure that it could be done in time. If not, gamers and game sites would be first in line to bash them... you know how it is.

And yes, a delay may be possible, but I don't care as long as the game is awesome when I buy it. For example, Starcraft 2 has been announced for more than 3 years I think, and I don't want Blizzard to release the game as long as it's as polished as it should be. Chances are I'll be broke by the time Bayonetta comes out, because other games are higher on my list so I don't really care if it's gonna come out mid 2010. 
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skald
    @Bolduk: Okay, the quoting is getting a little out of hand. 
    Anyway, you wouldn't think they would put out a demo of the game if they weren't already pretty confident in their product, but alas, it failed. 
    As far as I am concerned, that is the full extent of their efforts. I hope I am wrong, but at this point, I doubt I am. Buyer beware.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

We'll see.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Geno

Can I haz PC version nao? 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By xyzygy
    @Bolduk said:

" @extremeradical said:

" @xyzygy said:

" @extremeradical said:

" @Bolduk said:

" @extremeradical said:
    Not to mention the fact that they haven't cared up to this point, and I doubt they care now. Either the port gets delayed another two or three months or I have to call bullshit on them. "
    Okay I repeat:  "the process is already in the work". I don't think it means they just began working on it. Also I highly doubt that Sega would have announced this if they weren't a little sure that it could be done in time. If not, gamers and game sites would be first in line to bash them... you know how it is. And yes, a delay may be possible, but I don't care as long as the game is awesome when I buy it. For example, Starcraft 2 has been announced for more than 3 years I think, and I don't want Blizzard to release the game as long as it's as polished as it should be. Chances are I'll be broke by the time Bayonetta comes out, because other games are higher on my list so I don't really care if it's gonna come out mid 2010.  "
    Where in that article does it say that is in fact already in the works? Actually, the article is called :

"Bayonetta PS3 getting fixed by Sony before US release?" 

Notice the huge question mark at the end. Why would Sony hide the fact that they are trying to make a game better? If they were actually working on it, you would know by now. Not only that, Bayonetta is a game that obviously appeals to Japanese gamers - why would they not fix the Japanese version, but fix the NA version where it will most likely not sell as much?
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skald
    @xyzygy:  Wow, looking back, this isn't even decisive. Damn.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
    @extremeradical: Yeah exactly, he's just saying basically "Will Sony make it better?"
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bolduk
    @extremeradical said:

" @Bolduk: Okay, the quoting is getting a little out of hand. Anyway, you wouldn't think they would put out a demo of the game if they weren't already pretty confident in their product, but alas, it failed. As far as I am concerned, that is the full extent of their efforts. I hope I am wrong, but at this point, I doubt I am. Buyer beware. "

The demo was annouced to be released at the same time the Xbox 360 demo was lauched... and I played the two versions, and besides loading times, the game looks pretty much the same. So if they can get to make it work on the cell, then it'll just be better. 

I don't get it why you people seem to take it the wrong way. Are you just fearing it would be the first time a multiplatform game could look better on the PS3? All I want is that the PS3 version gets the same treatment as the 360 version. And I play mostly on my PS3, so if the game could take full advantage of the cell, well yes I'd be happy to buy the PS3 version. If not, well I guess I'll have no choice but to get it for 360. But still... I'll wait for Sony to speak up.

@xyzygy:  " Why would Sony hide the fact that they are trying to make a game better?" 

Well, I say let's wait. The article was post on Dec, 2nd. Give them some time. And Sega just made an annoucement about it, why would Sony add: "Oh, erm, yeah, well it's true."
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Skald
    @Bolduk said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    " @Bolduk: Okay, the quoting is getting a little out of hand. Anyway, you wouldn't think they would put out a demo of the game if they weren't already pretty confident in their product, but alas, it failed. As far as I am concerned, that is the full extent of their efforts. I hope I am wrong, but at this point, I doubt I am. Buyer beware. "
    The demo was annouced to be released at the same time the Xbox 360 demo was lauched... and I played the two versions, and besides loading times, the game looks pretty much the same. So if they can get to make it work on the cell, then it'll just be better.   I don't get it why you people seem to take it the wrong way. Are you just fearing it would be the first time a multiplatform game could look better on the PS3? All I want is that the PS3 version gets the same treatment as the 360 version. And I play mostly on my PS3, so if the game could take full advantage of the cell, well yes I'd be happy to buy the PS3 version. If not, well I guess I'll have no choice but to get it for 360. But still... I'll wait for Sony to speak up. "
    I'm not taking anything the wrong way; I'm calling a spade a spade.
    Bolduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bolduk
    @extremeradical said:
    " @Bolduk said:
    " @extremeradical said:
    The demo was annouced to be released at the same time the Xbox 360 demo was lauched... and I played the two versions, and besides loading times, the game looks pretty much the same. So if they can get to make it work on the cell, then it'll just be better.   I don't get it why you people seem to take it the wrong way. Are you just fearing it would be the first time a multiplatform game could look better on the PS3? All I want is that the PS3 version gets the same treatment as the 360 version. And I play mostly on my PS3, so if the game could take full advantage of the cell, well yes I'd be happy to buy the PS3 version. If not, well I guess I'll have no choice but to get it for 360. But still... I'll wait for Sony to speak up. "
    I'm not taking anything the wrong way; I'm calling a spade a spade. "
    Oh well, then I agree with you, but I still got my fingers crossed. =)
    Biggie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Biggie

This just feels like wishful thinking on the part of some, in the PS3 camp. I just don't see Sega or Sony spending a lot of time or money on making a better port, for the games secondary market. Moreover, do you really think that the original Japanese PS3 team didn't set out to make the best port possible?  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.