Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Should I buy this?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By imsh_pl

I've been wondering about getting Bayonetta for a long time now, and the whole GOTY talk on bombcast really got me wondering if I should buy it. The only thing keeping me from getting it though is the fact that I heard the framerate can get really choppy on the PS3 version (I don't own an xbox). Has any of you guys here played the PS3 version? Is it still worth getting, or does the choppy framerate make the game unplayable?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I didn't care for it, so no. 
    imo ofcourse. 
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

or does the choppy framerate make the game unplayable?    

Sony launched a patch for the game, so the framerate problems have been mostly dealt with.
    Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Make_Me_Mad
    @imsh_pl:
    You can patch the PS3 version nowadays to help with that framerate issue.  As far as I'm concerned it's the best game released last year, and I can't recommend it highly enough.  I've replayed it at least seven or eight times, not counting the random jumping around through missions I've done.  The only game in the "Character Action" genre, as the GB crew refer to it, that is worth putting countless hours into.  Unlockables left and right, secret bosses, secret playable characters, it's totally goddamn awesome.
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By imsh_pl

Thanks for the help, everyone. Glad to hear that the framerate issues have been dealt with. Gonna propably be picking it soon.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By rjayb89

The game was unplayable during what was essentially a boss rush stage because there were so many enemies on screen (on the PS3 version) that framerate went down to like 10 fps.  If you had a 360, then I would most definitely recommend buying it for that system.  Otherwise, very, very against it. 

Edit: The PS3 was a 60GB launch model and I indeed was playing it with the patch.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By imsh_pl
    @rjayb89: That's unfortunate to hear, since I also have the 60 gb launch PS3. 
    Oh, well :(
    dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dtat
    @imsh_pl: buy an Xbox then buy it. jk (but still do it)
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By rjayb89

The game is still absolutely amazing.  The insanity of it all and part of what makes it so great is the combat and its fluidity, but only on that chapter did things go horribly wrong for me.  Just that one chapter!  I had to drop it down to Easy to get past that particular part of the game.  Everything else is totally fine.  If you played Enslaved: Odyssy to the West, I'd say the framerate is on-par with that game (I also played that game on the PS3) and that's not saying much since it was inconsistent in that game as well, albeit sporadically rather than some insane drop that Bayonetta has.

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
    CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

well, if you do, im pretty sure it's still 15$ on amazon brand new. 

it was on sale for $10 at some point, thats when i got it

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I don't know about the PS3 version, but I love the game.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By zaccheus

Just started playing it and it was fun at first and then I started dying. I think it's just not for me or maybe I put it on very easy or something. Basically I don't have any idea what is going on and then I die. I try to dodge something that resembles an enemy attack but I can't really be sure and I die again. I sucked at GoW3 and I suck at this. I just want the crazy but the actual playing I can't do.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By Icemael

The 360 version is by far the generation's best 3D beat 'em up.

The PS3 version... well, I didn't play much of it, but what little I did play was catastrophic. Bayonetta is a game where you have to react fast and keep track of a lot at any given time, and the poor framerate made that borderline impossible. That was before the patch though -- I don't know what it's like now.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By toowalrus

I haven't played the PS3 version, but the game is fantastic, after finishing it a week ago, I think it was my favorite game of 2010 after all.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @dudeglove: 

I thought the load times were patched, but they didn't do anything about the frame rate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.