Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Should I really not get this game on PS3.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

I mean, for these kinda games, I perfer the DS3, but ive just been hearing so many bad things and negativity towards the PS3 version, that it seems to be taboo to get it on PS3. Its really like 2007 all over again as far as ports go. Is it really that bad? does it really look alor worse? Should I just get it on 360?  

And is this indicative to the quality of current multiplats these days on both consoles?
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'd say all the negative comments towards the PS3 version are highly exaggerated. But even so, if that bothers you so much then get the 360 version.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel

The difference isn't nearly as bad as people claim.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
    spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

we'll probably have to wait until release to find out for sure. but famitsu's ps3 review was like a 38/40, and the 360 version was a 40/40, so clearly if there are differences, they're not huge.

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By killdave

If you have a "choice" then go with the best one.
    That being the Xbox 360. (facts, not opinions)

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ravensword

so are Multiplatform games usually like this anymore? or is this a rare case?
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Turambar

Does the PS3 look a bit worse?  Yes.  Is it that big of a deal?  No.  Basically, if both versions are easily within reach, go ahead, take the 360 version.  But don't don't bend head over heels for one or the other because the difference is honestly not that great.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By xyzygy

There is a video posted somewhere on this board that compares the two versions directly, side by side. You can see that the PS3 version is very blurry, has some framerate issues and the textures are a little blander. But if you only have a PS3, I don't think it would be that bad at all because it's not like you're going to be looking at the 360 version on a TV right beside your own. If you do have a 360 though, I'd say get it for that. It looks much more clear and smooth, which is (I find) important for this type of game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.