Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

So it's official, Bayonetta on PS3 sucks :(

• 123 results
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Luke
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By CenturionCajun

That's rather harsh to criticize his speaking voice. He can't help how he sounds.

I don't get what all of the fuss is. Sure, the PS3 version is apparently obviously slower than the 360 version. That seems to be universally accepted at this point. However, even the PS3 version is scoring in the 8 to 9 point range. Last time I checked that was a pretty damned good game.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By Luke
    @CenturionCajun: I'm not being harsh against this one reviewer, per say, that's how so many "game reviewers" are sounding these days... I was just saying, basically, "yet again, another reviewer with no personality."   GameTrailers and only Ryan Clements from IGN are pretty alright though in my book. 

In other news:  Giant Bomb's Video Reviews are unmatched.  Wonder when we're gunna get their Bayonetta Review? 
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, considering that they are going to have to go out and buy the game today I'm guessing we won't get a written review for a couple of days and a video review before next week.

As for reviewer personality I love Gregg Miller and cannot stand Ryan Clements. That only speaks to them talking in person. Often times when reading a review I can't tell the difference between who wrote it. Most likely due to the editing process. So, to each his own I suppose.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By scarace360

Thats a big differnce.
    jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#106  Edited By jacobmccourt

I don't know if it was asked, but if you only have the PS3, is it still playable?

I have both, but I'm just curious.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By SilvarusLupus

I watched that video and yes I can see where it's slower, but it's by no means "chugging" in the game like you people seem to be describing. I don't really see the problem with the graphics. I like the PS3 for not being as sharp for some reason. Both games seem to have about the same lighting too.
    As for the frame rate, I don't really see a problem in the video except for maybe one spot but I only noticed that because I was looking at both games at the same time. As for load times, I could really care less. As long as the game works and the loads aren't  like Sonic 06' load times I can take them. HelI beat Persona 4 like 3 times and that game had a shit load of load times.

Has anyone here played both versions completely and can give us a good answer as to if this really is as be as a problem that everyone is making it out to be? All I have is a PS3 and I will not shell out money to get a 360.

And if people complain enough, Sony will most likely release a patch. Or you could just go and buy the Japanese version, which plays on a U.S. PS3, since it does still has English voice acting, and that version defaults to English too.

Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@busted1der said:
    " I don't know if it was asked, but if you only have the PS3, is it still playable?  I have both, but I'm just curious. "

It's perfectly playable.  All claims to the contrary are hyperbole.  If you go play the 360 version first, then come back to this one, you'll notice the differences more I suppose.  But I haven't, and I have yet to get any framerate drops that came anywhere close to "chugging".  Orange Box "chugs", Bayonetta, does not.  I also only have a PS3 right now, and I love this fucking game.  Flawed as it is supposed to be, I'm having more fun with it than any game I've played since DMC3.  Best action game ever, by a mile.  I've said it before, but I'll say it again, if you have both systems, get it on 360.  If you have only a PS3, go get the game.  The only flaw that REALLY makes itself annoyingly apparent is the loading for every little thing you do.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, the Giant Bomb reviews are up and the PS3 version got an entire star lower. I think that is the final proof that there is something noticeably wrong with the PS3 port.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#111  Edited By JJOR64
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " Well, the Giant Bomb reviews are up and the PS3 version got an entire star lower. I think that is the final proof that there is something noticeably wrong with the PS3 port. "
    Yep.  Thank god I got the game on 360.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, 3/5 is a good score. However, the fact that it is an entire star lower than the 360 and Ryan shares the basic opinions of the Gamespot and IGN reviews it's pretty much unanimous that the PS3 version is inferior. However, it's still a perfectly playable and fun game.

SilvarusLupus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By SilvarusLupus

So far the only noticeable frame rate drop for me was the the very beginning of the game, where you have like 15 angels and are falling off a clock happening at the same time. Everywhere else has been just fine. Human don't really notice the difference between 60 fps and 30 - 45 fps. It's only when it gets down to the 20 fps do you really see something. 

People really are blowing this way out of proportion. The game is still fun and it still works. The load times for the pause screen and items is kinda strange though. But it's only like 4-6 seconds at worst.

Urmean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#114  Edited By Urmean

I am still going to buy it anyway, in hopes that Platinum will make Godhand 2.

hixai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By hixai

Why are you guys so stupid far out. GET A FREAKING SLIM I have BARELY any loadtime on bayonetta. like 2-3 seconds MAX. IF you guys are that cheap just put up with it. I dont even see what the bug fuss is on glitches I seriously dont see any. Having a slim ps3 makes all the games runs that much faster its the same if you buy the ps2 slim or a psp 3000 or go.... So I dunno whats up with your ps3's but bayonetta runs smooth on mines.
     Also assassins creed 2 was alot better but i still would reccomend bayonetta over it.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#116  Edited By super_machine

Wow all the bitching about the frame rate. I've been playing the game on my PS3 and I have yet to have any frame rate issue that hinder my ability to play the game. The only thing that grinds my gears is the loading. Also the visual quality is a little bit 2007. Anybody notice how the canopy on the trees just spin when you look up at them and rotate the camera?

funkyblam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By funkyblam

i got bayonetta for ps3 and beat it. i freaking love the game! it's just annoying as hell to pause, skip cut-scenes, change weapon sets, and use/equip items because they all require loading. and it totally screws up the fast pace of the game. if they could at least fix these problems, I'd be happy even if it's still not as good as the 360 version

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By aurahack

So, I just played it at my girlfriend's on her PS3 and got all the way to the beginning of Chapter 2. I never really noticed any huge slowdown apart from the beginning where you're fighting angels as shit falls down and whatever load times I had to come across I dealt with. The load between menus or when you pick up an item is only like, a second, so I don't really care. 

What I would like to know is for anyone that's beat it or something, if there honestly is parts later on where the game's framerate drops considerably. I know the craziest shit happens later on and if the game takes a serious hit then I will get it on 360. I just don't want to because I hate playing multiplatform games on that system and I would very much care for all my progress and trophies to be on the system I play the most, not my rides-the-short-bus quality bastard son of a console that is my Xbox :<

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#119  Edited By Icemael
    @aurahack said:
    "What I would like to know is for anyone that's beat it or something, if there honestly is parts later on where the game's framerate drops considerably. I know the craziest shit happens later on and if the game takes a serious hit then I will get it on 360. I just don't want to because I hate playing multiplatform games on that system and I would very much care for all my progress and trophies to be on the system I play the most, not my rides-the-short-bus quality bastard son of a console that is my Xbox :< "
    Ryan Davis: "  Let me be totally clear here: if you have the option between the two consoles, consider the PlayStation 3 version to be nonexistent. If the PS3 is your only option, well, proceed with significant caution, or hitch your hopes on the notion that Sega might, someday, release a patch to address these issues."
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By aurahack
    @Icemael said:
    " @aurahack said:
    "What I would like to know is for anyone that's beat it or something, if there honestly is parts later on where the game's framerate drops considerably. I know the craziest shit happens later on and if the game takes a serious hit then I will get it on 360. I just don't want to because I hate playing multiplatform games on that system and I would very much care for all my progress and trophies to be on the system I play the most, not my rides-the-short-bus quality bastard son of a console that is my Xbox :< "
    Ryan Davis: "  Let me be totally clear here: if you have the option between the two consoles, consider the PlayStation 3 version to be nonexistent. If the PS3 is your only option, well, proceed with significant caution, or hitch your hopes on the notion that Sega might, someday, release a patch to address these issues." "
    I read the review, I'm just looking for other opinions on the matter because after playing it for two hours, I didn't feel like I'd tell others to "proceed with significant caution" like Ryan did. Thanks, though.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By xyzygy
    @aurahack: I'm playing the game through on the 360 and let me tell you it gets CRAZY near the end, like if you're playing this on the PS3 it's going to have major problems. That's all I'm telling you without spoiling anything. 
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#122  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @xyzygy: And you're saying that definitively? I haven't had any major problems and I played the PS3 version to the end.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By xyzygy
    @Sleepy_Insomniac: I've watched videos of the Sapientia fight.... I wasn't very impressed at all. And that's not even one of the crazier ones.
    aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By aurahack
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Sleepy_Insomniac: I've watched videos of the Sapientia fight.... I wasn't very impressed at all. And that's not even one of the crazier ones. "
    I watched that video real quick not to spoil much for my later playthrough and I didn't see anything noticable when it came to framerate drop. Granted, it's a youtube video, so I can't call it for sure. :<  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.