the laundry list of reasons why bayonetta > god of war 3

#1 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
  • it is more fun because it doesnt take itself as serious.
#2 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

2. It doesn't suck on the PS3... Oh wait!

#3 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -
  • Because God of War 3 is better.
#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18905 posts) -

This isn't going to end well...

#5 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

>2,600 posts and you still haven't learned. Mods, get in here and shut this monster down before it breeds.

#6 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops: How would this get modded? 

Unless I broke some rule of the terms of use (which I did not) I am allowed to voice my opinion on a game.
#7 Posted by DystopiaX (5292 posts) -

they are 2 seperate genres....bayonetta is a devil may cry "stylish action game", whereas God of war 3 is just straight up action/button mashing...

#8 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" they are 2 seperate genres....bayonetta is a devil may cry "stylish action game", whereas God of war 3 is just straight up action/button mashing... "
Yeah, but they are well argued over. In the end, I see bayonetta as a more refreshing experience. 

I have ripped people up in the first god of war - pretty awesome. 

I got some amazing graphics and dynamic cams in God of War II - still awesome. 

God of war 3 - awesome........................................................................... see what I mean? 

AND THEN BAYONETTA, with its snazzy soundtrack, unique (yes, its fighting is similar to DMC, but unique all the same) style.  

God of War 3 tries WAY too hard to get me to believe that it is serious, whilst i rip a goat snake's horns off. 

Bayonetta thrives on my disbelief.
#9 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @sodiumCyclops: How would this get modded?  Unless I broke some rule of the terms of use (which I did not) I am allowed to voice my opinion on a game. "
This thread is a pretty good example of flamebait.
#10 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@animateria said:
" 2. It doesn't suck on the PS3... Oh wait! "
Not a factor, go play it on 360. 

If you dont have one.... then you are missing out.
#11 Posted by Three0neFive (2286 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @animateria said:
Not a factor, go play it on 360.  If you dont have one.... then you are missing out. "
Not really, most of 360's "exclusives" are better on PC.
#12 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -

aw man, i came into this thread expecting a list already made. is that all you got or are you expecting us to add to it?

#13 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @demontium said:
" @sodiumCyclops: How would this get modded?  Unless I broke some rule of the terms of use (which I did not) I am allowed to voice my opinion on a game. "
This thread is a pretty good example of flamebait. "
I would hope not, that is, if people could take it maturely. 

It is a legitimate argument as far as I am concerned. Eh, mods will mod, its the natural order. 

Hopefully, they will not. 

@TheHT said:
" aw man, i came into this thread expecting a list already made. is that all you got or are you expecting us to add to it? "
Thats the point, they are both almost perfect examples of their genre, but bayonetta reigns supreme by an inch.
#14 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" @demontium said:
" @animateria said:
Not a factor, go play it on 360.  If you dont have one.... then you are missing out. "
Not really, most of 360's "exclusives" are better on PC. "
let it be known that demontium's favored console is the PC this generation.
#15 Edited by Three0neFive (2286 posts) -
@demontium said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @demontium said:
" @animateria said:
let it be known that demontium's favored console is the PC this generation. "
Likewise. I owned a 360 from launch up until about a month ago. I just don't see a reason to keep it around when I can play 90% of console games on my PS3, and the other 9% (as well as many of the aforementioned games + PC exclusives) on my PC with better controls, graphics and framerate.
#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5292 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" they are 2 seperate genres....bayonetta is a devil may cry "stylish action game", whereas God of war 3 is just straight up action/button mashing... "
Yeah, but they are well argued over. In the end, I see bayonetta as a more refreshing experience.  I have ripped people up in the first god of war - pretty awesome.  I got some amazing graphics and dynamic cams in God of War II - still awesome.  God of war 3 - awesome........................................................................... see what I mean?  AND THEN BAYONETTA, with its snazzy soundtrack, unique (yes, its fighting is similar to DMC, but unique all the same) style.   God of War 3 tries WAY too hard to get me to believe that it is serious, whilst i rip a goat snake's horns off.  Bayonetta thrives on my disbelief. "
My point is that they shouldn't be compared. Are they? yeah, but there's no point.
#17 Posted by Nictel (2380 posts) -

The game with more boobs.

#18 Posted by captain_clayman (3318 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" @demontium said:
" @animateria said:
true that  
too bad bayonetta's not on PC, you could just play it with an xbox controller and get super duper graphics
#19 Edited by xyzygy (9891 posts) -

I actually prefer Devil May Cry 4 over both of them. I have never ever in my life played a game like DMC4 where I can just go back into it and still find myself getting better at the game even on my third playthrough. 

Bayonetta is a much better experience than GoW3 though, I agree.

#20 Posted by Shadow (4977 posts) -

1. whites
2. colors
3. delicates

#21 Posted by KillerFly (396 posts) -

Double jump in Bayonetta isn't broken.

#22 Posted by TheHT (10871 posts) -
@demontium said:
" It is a legitimate argument as far as I am concerned. Eh, mods will mod, its the natural order. "
Meh. It doesn't leave much room to argue, mainly due to the part that reads "more fun".
#23 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

I couldn't get more than two hours through Bayonetta but played through GoW3 in a day.

#24 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -
@Three0neFive:  @Three0neFive said:

" @demontium said:

" @Three0neFive said:

" @demontium said:
" @animateria said:
let it be known that demontium's favored console is the PC this generation. "
Likewise. I owned a 360 from launch up until about a month ago. I just don't see a reason to keep it around when I can play 90% of console games on my PS3, and the other 9% (as well as many of the aforementioned games + PC exclusives) on my PC with better controls, graphics and framerate. "
  Pretty much the reason why I don't own a 360...
#25 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Because a certain troll is upset he doesn't have a ps3 and if he just happens to have one just likes being a troll.

#26 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -

As much as I love Bayonetta and despise God of War III, I agree with sodiumCyclops. This thread is just fucking flamebait, and the sooner a mod close it, the better.

#27 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" I couldn't get more than two hours through Bayonetta but played through GoW3 in a day. "
#28 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

how can you argue with ''baynoetta is more fun than GOW3'' ??
it just doesnt make sense

#29 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -
@Nasos100 said:
" how can you argue with ''baynoetta is more fun than GOW3'' ?? it just doesnt make sense "
different opinion?
#30 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Because you don't mash buttons. simple

#31 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@DystopiaX said:
" @demontium said:
" @DystopiaX said:
Yeah, but they are well argued over. In the end, I see bayonetta as a more refreshing experience.  I have ripped people up in the first god of war - pretty awesome.  I got some amazing graphics and dynamic cams in God of War II - still awesome.  God of war 3 - awesome........................................................................... see what I mean?  AND THEN BAYONETTA, with its snazzy soundtrack, unique (yes, its fighting is similar to DMC, but unique all the same) style.   God of War 3 tries WAY too hard to get me to believe that it is serious, whilst i rip a goat snake's horns off.  Bayonetta thrives on my disbelief. "
My point is that they shouldn't be compared. Are they? yeah, but there's no point. "
True, but since they are...
#32 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

Bayonetta has a heart > Kratos is a chode

#33 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Id say pretty much every line of dialogue uttered by bayonetta makes the games entrance into this competition null and void

#34 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" This isn't going to end well... "
what he said ._. 
#35 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6385 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
"This isn't going to end well... "

Does this kind of thread ever end well?
#36 Posted by JJOR64 (18905 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Does this kind of thread ever end well? "
Nope.          :P
#37 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" @Godlyawesomeguy said:
" @JJOR64 said:
Does this kind of thread ever end well? "
Nope.          :P "
THREADS NEVER END. 

unless the get locked.... 

PS: stop playing SFIV.
#38 Posted by Yummylee (21242 posts) -

You DARE bait me!?!
#39 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2413 posts) -

Bayonetta is lame as all hell, as are trolls like the op.

#40 Posted by Wes899 (2107 posts) -

Bayonetta is too stupidly japanese to be enjoyable.

#41 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

Lah-dee-dah Bayonetta is more sparkly and exudes more charm than gruff-voiced whinebag Kratos.

#42 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @DystopiaX said:
" @demontium said:
" @DystopiaX said:
My point is that they shouldn't be compared. Are they? yeah, but there's no point. "
True, but since they are... "
So what you are saying is: You are right, it doesn't make any sense at all, but since everybody else does it I might as well do it also. 

So if a fat kid was getting beat up in school by all the other students you would just join right in, right! I mean everybody else does it so...   

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.