Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

What got you interested into buying it?

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Alphiehyr

Initially I thought the setting was in a fictional world with a hot chick, guns and magic in a DMC-style gameplay until I found out that it was a magical world "built" on the 19th century (1900-1999) which led to my cancellation of the preorder.

Nazi-like weapons, old fashion cars, bars and clothing as depicted in some gameplay trailers of Bayonetta. This is exactly why I'm no longer getting it nor trying it. I just find it very depressing playing a game with a 19th century theme to it.

hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By hakunin

That's an... interesting reason to not get the game.

Well I knew I would buy it the moment the phrase "Developed by Platinum Games, Directed by Hideki Kamiya" was first uttered.

cmo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By cmo7
    @hakunin said:

" That's an... interesting reason to not get the game.  Well I knew I would buy it the moment the phrase "Developed by Platinum Games, Directed by Hideki Kamiya" was first uttered. "

This. 

Alphiehyr, 1900-1999 its 20th century, not 19th. You are a weird guy.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael
    @hakunin said:
    "I knew I would buy it the moment the phrase "Developed by Platinum Games, Directed by Hideki Kamiya" was first uttered."
    Pretty much this.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By Forcen

Devil May Cry like gameplay with not as high difficulty.
    Silly, over the top themes and visuals. 
    A violence level almost on par with Madworld.
    Shooting guns on you legs, while standing on your hands.

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Alphiehyr

I just found out that the game had a poor porting for PS3. I doubt anyone would be getting a PS3 copy unless they don't mind the poor graphics and frame rate issues.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @hakunin said:
     "Developed by Platinum Games, Directed by Hideki Kamiya "

This.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By maxszy
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " I just found out that the game had a poor porting for PS3. I doubt anyone would be getting a PS3 copy unless they don't mind the poor graphics and frame rate issues. "
    And where did you just *hear* this?

*sigh*
    Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Meltac
    @Maxszy said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

" I just found out that the game had a poor porting for PS3. I doubt anyone would be getting a PS3 copy unless they don't mind the poor graphics and frame rate issues. "
    And where did you just *hear* this?  *sigh* "
    It's pretty known that Bayonetta on the PS3 an is lesser good port. Platinum Games said themselves.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Maxszy said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

It's been known for a while now, even before the demo's came out, some media sources in Japan were already calling the PS3 version a tragic after playing the PS3 build. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta/61-20710/bayonetta-demo-detailed/35-264707/#11 - the first major rumblings came about after the PS3 demo was released in Japan, minus a level (Falling Clock Tower)

http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta/61-20710/bayonetta-ps3-maybe-one-of-the-worst-ports-in-a-long-time-pics/35-273515/#22 - clear visual evidence of the gulf in quality. it's appallingly bad, it has to be said.
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By nanikore

Absolutely nothing. I'm not getting this game, even though there's a hot lady in it.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By maxszy
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Maxszy said:

" @Alphiehyr said:

It's been known for a while now, even before the demo's came out, some media sources in Japan were already calling the PS3 version a tragic after playing the PS3 build. 

http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta/61-20710/bayonetta-demo-detailed/35-264707/#11 - the first major rumblings came about after the PS3 demo was released in Japan, minus a level (Falling Clock Tower)

http://www.giantbomb.com/bayonetta/61-20710/bayonetta-ps3-maybe-one-of-the-worst-ports-in-a-long-time-pics/35-273515/#22 - clear visual evidence of the gulf in quality. it's appallingly bad, it has to be said. "
    Ahhh well my apologies then, for thinking that thought just came out of no where. Was not aware of this! Thanks! :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.