What Jared Thinks of Bayonetta

#1 Edited by NathHaw (2760 posts) -
#2 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -
This Jared thinks the game's a-okay.
#3 Posted by Lukeweizer (2608 posts) -
@PrivateIronTFU: Present.
#4 Posted by dudeglove (7687 posts) -

For a hardcore SFIV player, saying Bayonetta has the most satisfying fighting system of any action game is a huuuuuuuuuuuge compliment.

#5 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

The dude could not be more right. Holy shit fuck damn that game is good. 

Also who are you to argue with Jared? Nobody thats who.

#6 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

I agree that Bayonetta is the best game of 2010.

#7 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -

For the record, I went to go take a nice picture like all the Wikipedia people, but then that failed so I went with the headshot from my cancelled late-90's sitcom about fighting game players, "My Two Mix-Ups." I was the snarky 2D player who ALWAYS had to get the first hit on the button checks. Oh my, it was CRAZY. I can't believe CBS wouldn't green light it.

#8 Posted by MoonlightMoth (462 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" I agree that Bayonetta is the best game of 2010. "
Yes.
#9 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

I'm glad to see so many people picking Bayonetta for a spot on their GotY lists.

#10 Posted by Hailinel (23891 posts) -

That is a glorious defense of Bayonetta.

#11 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

...and here is Jared's list for 2010.

#12 Posted by RYNO9881 (625 posts) -

Man, I don't have a 360 and I heard the PS3 version is bad. Would love to have played it though. 

#13 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -
@RYNO9881: I played it on 360, so I don't know how the PS3 version is, but from what Ryan said, I'm glad I played the 360 version. One of the great parts of reading reviews is that you get a pretty good idea which version to buy.  Kinda the same thing with Final Fantasy XIII.  I'm glad I played it on PS3, because the 360 version was inferior from what I understand.  FFXIII is on my list of games of the year.  I enjoyed it, but the ending was kinda dumb.  That's not all that unusual for a Final Fantasy though.  : /
#14 Edited by xyzygy (9892 posts) -
@Bloviator said:

" ...and here is Jared's list for 2010. "

Oh my god. This is one godly list.  

Alan Wake, Bayonetta, Alpha Protocol AND Deadly Premonition!
#15 Edited by Zlimness (541 posts) -

Also put Bayonetta as my top game of the year. I knew the guys from Platinum Games could make some awesome games, but I still had my doubts when I saw the videos. Not even the demo convinced me. But after having played the entire thing, I was completely stunned by how fucking awesome it is. The whole concept of Bayonetta could have been enough to get it into the GOTY nominations, but then you have this thick layer of polish and amazing design on top that you otherwise only get from the most experienced and well-managed developers with huge resources. I think that Clover Studios/Platinum Games is one of the great developers in the world at the moment, consistently producing one amazing game after the other.

#16 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

If I agree do I get a free Subway sandwich?

#17 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" I agree that Bayonetta is the best game of 2010. "

#18 Edited by Faint (833 posts) -

i started playing the game tonight, admittedly only for about an hour, and id be hard pressed to put it in my top 5 games for the year so far. its just... weird... and unsurprisingly Japanese perverted! i dont think i've seen so many split leg groin shots in the opening hour of a game in my life.

don't get me wrong, i don't hate the game so far, as i am a fan of a few of the devil may cry games (such as 1 and 3), but ... yeah.

#19 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (944 posts) -

I did not like Bayonetta's style or character design or anything about it, but I tested the the demo. First it felt like OK game but after realizing I had played the demo about 20 times, I purchased the game.  It is hard to say if I had enjoyed  a game as much before but I am sure I have not enjoyed any game as much after it. Brilliant game.

#20 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -
@Faint said:
" i started playing the game tonight, admittedly only for about an hour, and id be hard pressed to put it in my top 5 games for the year so far. its just... weird... and unsurprisingly Japanese perverted! i dont think i've seen so many split leg groin shots in the opening hour of a game in my life.  don't get me wrong, i don't hate the game so far, as i am a fan of a few of the devil may cry games (such as 1 and 3), but ... yeah. "
I agree with this.

The games okay but I wasn't really blown away. I thought that some parts and game-mechanics of it were downright janky even.
#21 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

This whole Bayonetta thing is getting out of hand. 

#22 Posted by Arjuna (886 posts) -

Reason why Bayonetta should be GOTY:  It doesn't have the number "2" following its title.  A truly original IP.

#23 Posted by C0V3RT (1351 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" This whole Bayonetta thing is getting out of hand.  "
#24 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Whoever has Alpha Protocol highest on their list should win User of the Year.  I have it at #4 and good luck beating that, losers.

#25 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

It's a good game.

#26 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

Nice to see Bayonetta considered for one of the runners-up for GotY by the GB crew on the podcast.

#27 Posted by NathHaw (2760 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.