Yes, Kamiya-san. I do believe in Bayonetta 2.

#1 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -
Source

So a fan asked HIdeki Kamiya on his twitter if a Bayonetta sequel is possible. Kamiya responded (in English) with: " I believe so," even adding "she'll [Bayonetta] be back if you believe so."  Either this means Bayonetta 2 is being discussed or is already in development right now. Maybe we'll see it in two years or so?

Thoughts?
#2 Posted by dudeglove (7907 posts) -

I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Bayonetta was insanely good fun, and ridiculous at the same time.

#3 Posted by Hailinel (24970 posts) -

More Bayonetta is a good thing.  However, I do hope that the PS3 version is of a comparable quality to the 360 version the second time around.

#4 Posted by wutaiSTYLE (32 posts) -

Great news indeed. Even better if Kamiya-san takes the director's role of this project once again.  I don't doubt that he wouldn't considering what  Capcom did to his previous masterpieces.

#5 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" More Bayonetta is a good thing.  However, I do hope that the PS3 version is of a comparable quality to the 360 version the second time around. "
Yeah, same here. Even with the patch they released it still doesn't hold up as much as the 360 version does. Hopefully they especially keep this in mind.
#6 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

God damn yes. I want more Bayonetta. give me 5 sequels, 3 books, comics, manga and an anime series. That might satiate me.

#7 Posted by Icemael (6326 posts) -

Bayonetta 2 is pretty much guaranteed to happen. It was a critical and commercial success, and both SEGA and Platinum have expressed interest in making a sequel.

@Hailinel said: 

" More Bayonetta is a good thing.  However, I do hope that the PS3 version is of a comparable quality to the 360 version the second time around. "

I don't think there's any way Platinum are gonna let another company handle their ports again, so I'm not to worried about that.
#8 Posted by Lemoncookie01 (1667 posts) -

Yes,more flowing angel ass kicking action please.

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" Bayonetta 2 is pretty much guaranteed to happen. It was a critical and commercial success, and both SEGA and Platinum have expressed interest in making a sequel.

@Hailinel said: 

I don't think there's any way Platinum are gonna let another company handle their ports again, so I'm not to worried about that. "
True that.  Sega did a horrible job porting it.

I'm all for Bayonetta 2.  Day 1 purchase in my book.
#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14080 posts) -

This sounds promising, I hope Bayonetta 2 becomes a reality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.