timer is stress inducing

#1 Posted by mangomonger (67 posts) -

so i bought this game the other day and i put it in and now im stuck on the 4th or 5th level. 

everything about this game screams just sit down and roll things up but the timer in my opinion makes this super stressful.
i was thinking am i the only on that thinks that ?
#2 Posted by Vexed (313 posts) -

The time limit makes it exciting and is really the only skill factor in the game, without the timer it would be pretty boring.

#3 Posted by Sparklykiss (1947 posts) -

I'm fine with the timer. Even though it causes me to be a screaming lunatic when I'm cutting it close, but I find that to be the fun part. It's other games that have timers like that that grind my gears.

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

I agree with the OP. It makes the game feel like an oxymoron.

#5 Edited by Stete (722 posts) -

On some cases it really is extremely brutal, admittetly if you stick to a certain route and pick up stuff in specific order then you should be fine, but then the game ceases to be fun since it feels that you have to go down a very specific path which contradicts its open enviroments.

#6 Posted by WoodenPlatypus (1365 posts) -

Timers can be stressful at times. This game is no exception, when its getting to the final few seconds Id be prepared to pull my hair out.

#7 Posted by KarlPilkington (2683 posts) -

Sentences start with capital letters.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.