A2M Becomes Behaviour Interactive, WET 2 Confirmed

• 77 results
Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

The studio formerly known as Behaviour Interactive, A2M, is now the studio formerly known as A2M. The WET developer has switched back to its original name as a way of indicating the studio's "evolution," CEO Rémi Racine told Shacknews, and not as a result of all the dirty jokes it's been the butt of, apparently. 

The Canada-based studio hasn't evolved beyond dropping sequels just yet, as Behaviour is currently working on Naughty Bear 2 and WET 2, it has confirmed. It's also doing some lower-budget games, including an XBLA-bound Doritos game and a Rango movie adaptation, as well as several "unannounced" titles for every platform, including Facebook. The Facebook game is what we'll probably see first from the newly (re)named studio, as it's slated for release at some point later this month. 

"We are and will always strive to be the best and most trusted independent game development studio in the industry," Racine said, according to Shacknews. "The change in name is not only a return to our previous name, but also an indicator of the evolution of the company."

"We have developed a strong reputation as a high-quality work-for-hire studio, as well as a creator of our own original content and will continue to pursue both sides of the business. The new name reflects a renaissance of the company," Racine said.   

WET is probably the most high-profile game the Behaviour team has created in some time, and it's not exactly the kind of title you'd write home about: it was super stylish, but suffered from a problem or three, mainly in the gameplay arena. Will WET 2 show us what Racine is talking about?
#1 Posted by BradNicholson (812 posts) -

The studio formerly known as Behaviour Interactive, A2M, is now the studio formerly known as A2M. The WET developer has switched back to its original name as a way of indicating the studio's "evolution," CEO Rémi Racine told Shacknews, and not as a result of all the dirty jokes it's been the butt of, apparently. 

The Canada-based studio hasn't evolved beyond dropping sequels just yet, as Behaviour is currently working on Naughty Bear 2 and WET 2, it has confirmed. It's also doing some lower-budget games, including an XBLA-bound Doritos game and a Rango movie adaptation, as well as several "unannounced" titles for every platform, including Facebook. The Facebook game is what we'll probably see first from the newly (re)named studio, as it's slated for release at some point later this month. 

"We are and will always strive to be the best and most trusted independent game development studio in the industry," Racine said, according to Shacknews. "The change in name is not only a return to our previous name, but also an indicator of the evolution of the company."

"We have developed a strong reputation as a high-quality work-for-hire studio, as well as a creator of our own original content and will continue to pursue both sides of the business. The new name reflects a renaissance of the company," Racine said.   

WET is probably the most high-profile game the Behaviour team has created in some time, and it's not exactly the kind of title you'd write home about: it was super stylish, but suffered from a problem or three, mainly in the gameplay arena. Will WET 2 show us what Racine is talking about?
#2 Edited by tmj (66 posts) -

and we're all left asking 'why?' mostly due to the Naughty Bear announcement.

#3 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Yeh, I can do without this one.

#4 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Ass 2 Mouth? What?

Yeah! I'm looking at you!

#5 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

As the only one who liked Naughty Bear, I'm stoked!

#6 Posted by DJJoeJoe (1323 posts) -

Wet 2 : Soaking San Francisco - The Video Game

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2955 posts) -

"XBLA-bound Doritos game"

-_-

#8 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

Happy to hear about the Wet sequel.  The first one was fun and had room for improvement that could make it excellent.

#9 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Why the fuck did these two games  get sequals? I mean..ok wet 2 ya..but Naughty Bear? The game sucked! No one liked it. 

#10 Posted by Luck3ySe7en (240 posts) -

Will Wet 2 be like any other sequel and have her wielding two swords?

#11 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@DrPockets000 said:
" Happy to hear about the Wet sequel.  The first one was fun and had room for improvement that could make it excellent. "
#12 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -
@tmj said:
" and we're all left asking 'why?' mostly due to the Naughty Bear announcement. "
We're asking why to both, really.
#13 Posted by AmericanNinja (157 posts) -

oh great. lol

#14 Posted by TurboMan (7494 posts) -

Hey, did Naughty Bear come out yet?

#15 Posted by UberExplodey (936 posts) -

Third installment: W3T. 
calling it now.

#16 Posted by Kontrapunkt (413 posts) -

Man. Some audacious statements from Racine. :S

#17 Posted by C0V3RT (1377 posts) -

It's actually going to be a cross over game between Wet and Naughty Bear called, "Wet and Naughty."

#18 Posted by Newjack (232 posts) -

Well great.

#19 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

Very interested in a Wet 2 because the first one was alright.

#20 Posted by KuribosShoe (640 posts) -

aw man, no more ass to mouth jokes

#21 Posted by Olivaw (1215 posts) -
@KuribosShoe said:
" aw man, no more ass to mouth jokes "
Yeah, this sucks.
#22 Posted by Ghostiet (5242 posts) -

WET 2 - awright. The game is a good idea and had some potential, also Eliza Dushku nailed the role. Naughty Bear 2? Hell naw.

#23 Posted by tobygw (580 posts) -

Sequel to Naughty Bear, but no sequel for Mirror's Edge. Urghhhhhh

#24 Posted by PixelGorilla (36 posts) -

I'm glad that they can continue to make games and I think it's great that they can get another crack at both WET and Naughty Bear which were fine games for what they were. Hopefully the can find great success in the XBLA/PSN and facebook markets and continue to make decent or better games.

#25 Posted by JackSukeru (5908 posts) -

WETTER

#26 Posted by TheMoD (123 posts) -

Wet2 yaay
#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

"We have developed a strong reputation as a high-quality work-for-hire studio"  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

#28 Posted by Tennmuerti (8057 posts) -

If 2 shitty games get sequels by a studio that can't decide on a name, do they make a sound?

#29 Posted by Zidd (1841 posts) -

I kind of liked the first WET game. I think it needed another 6 months - 1 year in development though. Hopefully they give this one enough time to get more polished before its released.

#30 Posted by Babylonian (837 posts) -

See, I kind of really liked WET.

#31 Posted by ch3burashka (5036 posts) -
@tobygw said:
" Sequel to Naughty Bear, but no sequel for Mirror's Edge. Urghhhhhh "
Proof that there is no God. 

Atheists - 1 
Christians - 0
#32 Posted by Puzzler20 (78 posts) -

Glad we can no longer confuse A2M with AM2.

#33 Posted by radioactivez0r (839 posts) -
@C0V3RT said:
" It's actually going to be a cross over game between Wet and Naughty Bear called, "Wet and Naughty." "
Totally made my day.  And I must be the only person on the planet who couldn't figure out what dirty joke you would make out of A2M.  Or maybe I'm just morally superior to you all.
#34 Posted by Choi (540 posts) -
@Luck3ySe7en said:
" Will Wet 2 be like any other sequel and have her wielding two swords? "
ZING!
#35 Posted by TheHBK (5471 posts) -

Wet 2! Awesome!!!...... 

#36 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

A2M likes to get WET

#37 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Wundaful, wundaful. Wet was one of my favourite games of last year.

#38 Posted by mrfizzy (1527 posts) -

K, WET 2 i would think at least has the potential to be ok? but god, Naughty Bear 2, really? 

#39 Posted by Brodehouse (9769 posts) -

"We are the best independent games studio in the industry."

He had to have been misquoted.  Even assuming he's trying to keep things positive, that is one of the most ludicrous claims I've heard in at least a week and a HALF.

Too bad Gearbox isn't as good or as trusted.

#40 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
@Brodehouse said:
" "We are the best independent games studio in the industry."  He had to have been misquoted.  Even assuming he's trying to keep things positive, that is one of the most ludicrous claims I've heard in at least a week and a HALF.  Too bad Gearbox isn't as good or as trusted. "
Yeah you misquoted him lol.  He said they strive to be.
#41 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@DOUBLESHOCK said:

" @Brodehouse said:

" "We are the best independent games studio in the industry."  He had to have been misquoted.  Even assuming he's trying to keep things positive, that is one of the most ludicrous claims I've heard in at least a week and a HALF.  Too bad Gearbox isn't as good or as trusted. "
Yeah you misquoted him lol.  He said they strive to be. "
"We are and will always strive to be the best and most trusted independent game development studio in the industry", he says. It's not really clear what that means. We are the best and will always strive to be the best, or we are striving to be the best and will always strive to be the best? It's not a great press release quote.
#42 Edited by Portis (1286 posts) -

They are going to make a Naughty Bear 2? What the fuck, did the first sell that well? It got absolutely trashed in reviews.

#43 Posted by Glak (613 posts) -

Wet 2 I can see how they might improve upon and make an actual good game 
However Naughty Bear 2.......... really?

#44 Posted by Set (149 posts) -

Ass 2 Mouth

#45 Posted by Landon (4132 posts) -
@mrfizzy said:
" K, WET 2 i would think at least has the potential to be ok? but god, Naughty Bear 2, really?  "
Well, a sequel to Naughty Bear really has no way to go but up, right? 

...right?
#46 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -
@CrazyChris said:
" "XBLA-bound Doritos game"  -_- "
Hey, if it's the spiritual successor to Dash of Destruction, and by that I mean "free XBLA game that I can play for ten minutes, get all the points then speedily delete it from my hard drive" then I already have an infinitely larger sense of optimism than I do for Wet 2. That's gotta count for something, right?
#47 Posted by Cincaid (2955 posts) -
@EvilNiGHTS: 
Touché! My proudest S-Rank ever. :P
#48 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

A2M really is the worst name ever. If any 14 year olds are reading this, put it in Google Images and have your world rocked by Rocco Siffredi.

#49 Posted by Tregard (140 posts) -

Goddamit, in this industry Naughty Bear gets a sequel?

Really?!

#50 Posted by Landon (4132 posts) -
@CH3BURASHKA said:

" @tobygw said:

" Sequel to Naughty Bear, but no sequel for Mirror's Edge. Urghhhhhh "

Proof that there is no God.  Atheists - 1 Christians - 0 "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.