Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ben Croshaw

Person » credited in 11 games

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw is a game developer with several past games to his credit including 5 Days a Stranger, 7 Days a Skeptic, Trilby's Notes and 6 Days a Sacrifice. He is also a popular game critic, posting his "Zero Punctuation" video series, with a distinct visual style.

Yahtzee hates Joss Whedon

mg66368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mg66368

Video Description:
    Why is Yahtzee a pastry? Well, the first time I uploaded this video, I used Yahtzee's sprite from Zero Punctuation. The Escapist sent me a copyright violation, and the video was removed. So I had to think up a new concept for Yahtzee. At the end of podcast 131, Matt attempted to call Yahtzee "cynical & twisted," except it came out sounding more like "cinnamon twist." So I GIS'd a cinnamon twist, threw on a sweet hat, and had him shooting the bird at almost everything. Seemed good enough a substitute as anything.

The audio, as well as the artwork used for Matt and Yug, is from the Australian Gamer website, which I recommend everyone visit! They're fun to read and listen to, and they're especially awesome for giving me permission to excerpt these bits from their podcast.
    HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By HazBazz

nice, its fun hearing yahtzee do something non-zeropunctuation

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

This makes seem like he actually is a douche, and not just pretending to be.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TEAMHOLT
    VilhelmNielsen said:
    "This makes seem like he actually is a douche, and not just pretending to be."
    Congratulations, you've cracked the code.

Ahahaha, Yug is great.
    mg66368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mg66368
    Cogito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cogito

Just because Leeroy Jenkins ruined a raid for a lot of people, does not make it any less hilarious to watch.

It's funny to watch douches be douches, unless they are being douches towards you.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Yahtzee is FTW.  Whether you like him or not, he has extremely valid points on video games.

And I hate Joss Whedon too.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
    Giantbombr said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Yahtzee is FTW.  Whether you like him or not, he has extremely valid points on video games.
    And I hate Joss Whedon too.
    "
    If that's what you need to believe...
    If you can't agree with 90% of what Yahtzee says, then it simply means you will buy any shit that comes out.  Personally, I only buy about 3 or 4 games a year, if even that.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

Now I love Yahtzee even more. Joss Whedon has produced some of the most average TV i've ever seen.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "Now I love Yahtzee even more. Joss Whedon has produced some of the most WRETCHED TV i've ever seen."
    FIXED!
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
    jakob187 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    "Now I love Yahtzee even more. Joss Whedon has produced some of the most WRETCHED TV i've ever seen."
    FIXED!"
    I don't know. I used to watch Buffy when I was young and I thought it was OK, which makes it better than most other series these days. Firefly was pure unfiltered shite though. Probably the best cancellation FOX have ever done.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakob187
    HandsomeDead said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "HandsomeDead said:
    FIXED!"
    I don't know. I used to watch Buffy when I was young and I thought it was OK, which makes it better than most other series these days. Firefly was pure unfiltered shite though. Probably the best cancellation FOX have ever done."
    Buffy was wretched.  Only good thing that came from it was James Marsters getting a name so he could play Zod on Smallville.  Angel was pure vomit on a TV screen.  Firefly...ugh...I can't even go there.

And then, for some ungodly reason, people gave the dood money to make a MOVIE based on a CANCELLED TV show!!!

And NOW...they want him to direct WONDER WOMAN?!?!  This continues to prove to me that there is no God.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jayge_

FireFly was a great show. The Firefly movie was great. In terms of Yahtzee making legit points on games... really? You're that jaded? Even *he* realizes that he's ridiculous and doesn't hate half of what he claims to. To use Yahtzee as a barometer is nuts.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Oni

Yahtzee is a pretentious, cynical, self-aggrandizing cunt. I realized this only after about 20 of his videos, but if you haven't realized by now that he shits on games for the sake of it, poor you.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By mike

Most of the time when I watch a Yahtzee video about a game I've played, I think "Damn...he's right."  I couldn't care less what he thinks of Joss Whedon, though.

mg66368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mg66368

I haven't seen Buffy nor Angel but I've seen Firefly and Serenity which were both great. I didn't make this video, I just showned it for the hell of it. Yahtzee does come off a douche but it was unintentionally funny to me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
    Oni said:
    "Yahtzee is a pretentious, cynical, self-aggrandizing cunt. I realized this only after about 20 of his videos, but if you haven't realized by now that he shits on games for the sake of it, poor you."
    You're right, he is a pretentious and cynical cunt.  The thing is...he's right when he does it.  You can't honestly tell me that when you listen to the bile he spews, you don't think "fuck, he's right about that"...
    ...but that doesn't mean that because he spews bile on a game that it's automatically shit.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mind you.  He shit all over Bioshock, and I fucking loved that game.  He shit all over Burnout Paradise, and people still loved that.  Therefore, most of the spewing he does is just ranting about mundane shit that gets a good laugh because, face it...the dood can write a joke...and deliver it too.

Therefore, anyone who honestly doesn't watch Yahtzee to see comedy and instead watches it solely as a critical standpoint and nothing more need to lighten up a little.
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Bulldog19892

I love Yahtzee. I also hate Joss Whedon. However, I know and accept that Yahtzee is a bit of a douche, and love to focus on the negatives of a game rather than it's redeeming qualities. I watch his reviews more for entertainment than for his opinion. He's very frequently right, but I wish he would talk a little more about the good parts of a game instead of just the bad parts.

I trust the GiantBomb reviewers much more than I trust him.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
    Bulldog19892 said:
    "I love Yahtzee. I also hate Joss Whedon. However, I know and accept that Yahtzee is a bit of a douche, and love to focus on the negatives of a game rather than it's redeeming qualities. I watch his reviews more for entertainment than for his opinion. He's very frequently right, but I wish he would talk a little more about the good parts of a game instead of just the bad parts.

I trust the GiantBomb reviewers much more than I trust him."
    Yes, but he has stated quite a few times in his reviews that no one likes him focusing on the good parts of games, because honestly, how funny can you be when you talk about the good parts of games?  So I understand why he focuses so hard on the bad side of games.
    And honestly, someone needs to.  Hopefully, a developer might listen to his negativity one day and NOT put all that negative shit into a game for once.

Like Free Radical.  How the fuck can you make all those great Timesplitters games and then make HAZE?!
    mg66368

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mg66368

What the hells is wrong with you jakob187, your coming off as a elitist fanatic and enforcing your opinions and views on our throats to everyone as if you're trying make make us all to blindly agree with you. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I'm easily influenced by the gaming media, in fact I hate the gaming media and I think it's a failing industry. Just because you hate Joss Whedon's work doesn't mean we have to as we all have our different tastes and that what makes everyone different. From your profile setting I can see that you're in your adult age but you behave like a twelve year old around these forums. People like you on the internet are the reason why we can't have any civil discussions around forums these days.                                                                            

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jakob187
    mg66368 said:
    "What the hells is wrong with you jakob187, your coming off as a elitist fanatic and enforcing your opinions and views on our throats to everyone as if you're trying make make us all to blindly agree with you. Just because I disagree doesn't mean I'm easily influenced by the gaming media, in fact I hate the gaming media and I think it's a failing industry. Just because you hate Joss Whedon's work doesn't mean we have to as we all have our different tastes and that what makes everyone different. From your profile setting I can see that you're in your adult age but you behave like a twelve year old around these forums. People like you on the internet are the reason why we can't have any civil discussions around forums these days.                                                                            "
    OMG PEOPLEZ ON INTERWEBZ HAS OPINIONZ AND EXPRESS THEMS?!?!  NOOOOOOO!!!!
    Dood:

A.  Chill out and stop hyperventilating because I hate Joss Whedon's retarded bullshit
    B.  Realize that I'm not telling a single fucking person to like my opinion, let alone agree with it.  It's MY opinion...and I'll express it if I feel like it.
    C.  When someone expresses their opinion, neg bombing it only makes the ones expressing an opposite opinion look like retards.
    D.  L2punctuate
    E.  Your avatar is Master Chief, so that explains a lot to me.
    F.  I fucking hate lists, and yet you have so many reasons for me to make one.
    G.  I've never actually gotten this fucking far on a list before.
    H.  I'll behave however the fuck I choose to, and you honestly believe you are going to go on the forums of a site that had Dildos as the #2 most searched object and Princess Debut as the #1 game of the month and find a civil discussion...then sir, you must've stumbled into the wrong damn place.  This is Giant Bomb forums, where we will express what we want how we want in whatever way we want to, and the only thing stopping any of it is a mod saying "hey, dood...not happening".
    I.  STFU, GTFO, FO, and DIAF plox.

*EDIT*  Oh, and J.

WHEE-OOH!  WHEE-OOH!

YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!! L2ENGRISHMUFUGGA!!!
    YOU ARE UNDER ARREST!!! L2ENGRISHMUFUGGA!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.