Bethesda's new secret game

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

Todd Howard from bethesda said in a podcast that their new game has been in development since Fallout 3, and that they could proudly show it, but the timing isn't right, as well as that it is a game the whole staff would love to play.  
I smell an ES:V being put off so that it doesn't take the spotlight from the new crap games like Brink, which i see nothing revolutionary about at all.

#2 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Oh god, it's getting closer!

#3 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

We'll hear about after new vegas comes out.

#4 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Skyrim in the house.

#5 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

Cool, I was wondering what those guys where up to.
I think every game that Bethesda has announced to be publishing isn't the Elder Scrolls devs.

#6 Posted by Bolthor (86 posts) -

Please let it be TES: V and nothing else.

#7 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

Here's hoping for Elder Scrolls: V, just like everyone else.

#8 Posted by Jeust (10822 posts) -

Yep. It's Elder Scrolls V or Elder Scrolls: Online. 

#9 Posted by Vinny_Says (5721 posts) -

Elder scrolls V is the easy answer but the crazy answer would be Fallout 4.

#10 Posted by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -

Which podcast?

#11 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@trophyhunter said:
" We'll hear about after new vegas comes out. "
I agree, they'll start hyping rage as the next release, and have ESV to look forward to after it
#12 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -
#13 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

I really hope it's a new Elder Scrolls game, but i wouldn't rule out Fallout 4.

#14 Edited by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

FALLOUT FUCKING 4!!  

Or they are going back to bowling games. Oh god, I'd love a bowling RPG.

#15 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Malakhii said:
" @trophyhunter said:
" We'll hear about after new vegas comes out. "
I agree, they'll start hyping rage as the next release, and have ESV to look forward to after it "
actually maybe we'll hear something at pax
#16 Posted by damswedon (3200 posts) -

Where's Waldo/Wally 2

#17 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -
@trophyhunter said: 
actually maybe we'll hear something at pax "

Man I keep forgetting PAX is a week away, guess cause I'm on the east coast. Here's hoping that would be pretty awesome, especially if you're there to see it in person. 
#18 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Rogue warrior 2! 

#19 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

ELDER SCROLLS 5 UP IN THIS BITCH.

#20 Edited by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -

it damn better not be Fallout 4, been waiting as patiently as i could for these past 4 years, if it isn't ESV, i will.....do something! something bad against bethesda!

#21 Posted by jkz (4050 posts) -

*Ehem* Brink looks pretty cool. 

Although I'd flip a shit if it was Elder Scrolls 5, last I heard from them when they were asked directly about it, they seemed to indicate that it had been put on the back-burner for a while. Who knows though? I really do hope it's ES5.

#22 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" Yep. It's Elder Scrolls V or Elder Scrolls: Online.  "
Fuck you and fuck your dreams of ES: Online. 

But, I want ESV . I want it so bad it hurts.
#23 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

They'll probably pull a Insomniac. They'll announce like a downloadable game or something no one cares about, then go oh and here's a new (insert the game you want).  

#24 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -

Pssh* Fuck Elder Scrolls, I want Wet 2: Even Wetter.

#25 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -

ES: V Online would be awesome, though the lag and choppiness in Oblivion make me wonder how possible a sequel would be with an online component. FO3 wasn't too bad for that but it still had it's lag issues.

#26 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

Same engine as Fallout 3? If so, screw that jank.

#27 Posted by elcalavera (347 posts) -
@Belonpopo: With that picture of yours, now I'm feeling uncomfortable.
#28 Posted by Jayzilla (2571 posts) -

ES:V, Journey to Khajit. I want the next ES game to have combat and animation like Demons Soulz. The animation and melee combat in the ES series has always been lacking. It never felt heavy enough. I also hated having to hit a dude 30 times to get him to die. 

#29 Posted by Belonpopo (1822 posts) -
@elcalavera:  Even Wetter than that...  

Does that help?
#30 Posted by Karkarov (3230 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Rogue warrior 2!  "
Man I could tell you what I thought of saying when I saw your comment but it would need to basically be edited into a 5 line long string of symbols except for the words "President Reagan says hello".  Personally I would love to see another rogue warrior if for no other reason than it might mean another quick look that was half as funny as the RW 1 vid.  

Elder Scrolls Online though?  Eh not so sure it is a good idea.  Maybe if they REALLY put some development into it.  The backstory etc is certainly there though.
#31 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Karkarov said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" Rogue warrior 2!  "
Man I could tell you what I thought of saying when I saw your comment but it would need to basically be edited into a 5 line long string of symbols except for the words "President Reagan says hello".  Personally I would love to see another rogue warrior if for no other reason than it might mean another quick look that was half as funny as the RW 1 vid.    Elder Scrolls Online though?  Eh not so sure it is a good idea.  Maybe if they REALLY put some development into it.  The backstory etc is certainly there though. "
The forums for that game are dead. And so many locked topics. Its so funny. 
#32 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Its actually elder scrolls 6. They just are going to skip 5.

#33 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -
@scarace360: now that would be a twist 

sure hope the ES books are canon
#34 Posted by Gabriel (4076 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Rogue warrior 2!  "  
Yes the correct answer. 
#35 Posted by Druminator (1683 posts) -

I will cry if it's ESV.

#36 Posted by Aronman789 (2694 posts) -
@Druminator: why?
#37 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Is it just me? or does no body else realise Brink is being PUBLISHED by Bethesda.

#38 Posted by artofwar420 (6299 posts) -
@Aronman789: Thanks! That completely flew past my radar. I love Bethesda.
#39 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6347 posts) -

I'm hoping for Elder Scrolls or a similar RPG in a new world - maybe something cyberpunk from them?  Oh damn, that'd be sweet.

#40 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

I hope its the Elder Scrolls V.

#41 Posted by bellmont42 (325 posts) -

hopefully its a new engine too... oblivions on new vegas? looks terrible after all these years haha

#42 Posted by Hailinel (25203 posts) -

It'll be a remake of Arena, just to mess with everyone.

#43 Posted by Jeust (10822 posts) -
@Synthballs said:
" @Jeust said:
Fuck you and fuck your dreams of ES: Online.  But, I want ESV . I want it so bad it hurts. "
Not my dreams, but many developers are thinking about mmo games, so... it isn't far-fetched. 
#44 Edited by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -

Whatever it is, it WILL NOT be an Elder Scrolls MMO or an MMO of any kind. They have a sister studio specifically for that purpose. 

#45 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Jeust said:
Elder Scrolls V yes, but do not give them the idea of an Elder Scrolls online. Turning this into an MMO will literally kill the game. So far single player is the one of the main things going good for this game.
#46 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" Rogue warrior 2!  "
Please. Bethesda, make the funniest Quick Look happen. But this time HARDER!
#47 Posted by Jeust (10822 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @Jeust said:
Elder Scrolls V yes, but do not give them the idea of an Elder Scrolls online. Turning this into an MMO will literally kill the game. So far single player is the one of the main things going good for this game. "
Yep, but i wouldn't be surprised. 
#48 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Jeust said:
" @ch13696 said:
" @Jeust said:
Elder Scrolls V yes, but do not give them the idea of an Elder Scrolls online. Turning this into an MMO will literally kill the game. So far single player is the one of the main things going good for this game. "
Yep, but i wouldn't be surprised.  "
Unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised either. Everyone wants in on the monthly subscription pie.
#49 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -
@gingertastic_10 said:
" FALLOUT FUCKING 4!!   Or they are going back to bowling games. Oh god, I'd love a bowling RPG. "
Oh god, please.
#50 Posted by Soapy86 (2638 posts) -
@Soapy86 said:
" Whatever it is, it WILL NOT be an Elder Scrolls MMO or an MMO of any kind. They have a sister studio specifically for that purpose.  "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.