Beth's Next Suprise Title. What Could It Be?

#1 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

So we know that Bethesda is currently in developemnt with their next big title. I don't think its TES 5 ( although im sure now they are developing that too! ) but instead a redesigned classic as they did with Fallout. So what game from way back when do you think they will update next? My guess is Ultima. I've never played it and dont know much about it but Todd Howard says its like one of his favorite games. What are your thoughts?
#2 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

im hoping its ES5

#3 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

They said they haven't begun any work on The Elder Scrolls 5. 

Some people are saying Elder Scrolls MMO.

#4 Posted by Shadow (4979 posts) -

Elder Scrolls 5: Ayleid Golden Age

#5 Posted by Themanohall (397 posts) -

Probably Elder Scrolls 5. Why don't you think it is?

#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11640 posts) -

Let's see, what games does Bethesda develop as opposed to publish? Oh yeah. Elder Scrolls.

#7 Edited by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

i really really REALLY  hope its elder scrolls
#8 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

O_o 

I just said Bethesda said they haven't started work on Elder Scrolls 5. It was news, like,  a couple weeks ago. 

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/08/14/quakecon-2009-todd-howard-keynote-highlights/    

#9 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

Well now wait. You cant tell me you expected Fallout 3, right? I thought for sure ES:5 but got Fallout 3 instead. Its still a great game, but never did i beleive Bethesda would make it. 

@JazGalaxy:
   Sorry but there was a confirmation by Pete Hines, (i think thats the guy), saying they are still strictly single player games. But co-op seems like a slight possibility if they were even to take a single step into a multiplayer approach. 

Also I am 99% sure ES:5 has been being developed for quite some time now ( like even before ES:4 ), and it probably will be announced soon, but I would be really suprised if they didn't make another next-gen version of and old game. And Ultima is an old ass game which happens to be one of Todd Howard's favorite games.
#10 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

Alright, well, whatever. I just posted the link where they said they weren't working on ES5 yet. But if you prefer to make speculation up then whatever.

Bethesda is in a period of growing and aquiring. I think it's likely that they're working on an original IP to broaden their portfolio I wouldn't expect a new ES until the next console generation.

#11 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Maybe it's a new IP this time.  I guess we will find out sometime soon.

#12 Posted by MistaSparkle (2148 posts) -

I know Todd Howard said they werent, but then Pete Hines totally said that he didn't say anything at Quake Con. I saw that interview too. Something wierd is going on and i think Todd said something which made fans angry and Hines tried to make things better or whatever. All im saying is i think that a game, other than ES:5, will come out before the new installment of ES. This way we have something to play while they make ES:5 perfect. 
#13 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

Well, no, I think what happened was that Howard said "we have no plans at this time for Elder Scrolls 5" which to anyone with a brain means "we haven't started working on the game yet" but idiot bloggers started reporting as "Bethesda has no plans for further Elder Scrolls games" which makes it sound like, and readers interpreted as, "Bethesda is done with The Elder Scrolls" which is what prompted Hines to say "that's ridiculous. Elder Scrolls makes tons of money. Of course there will be another one but we haven't started it yet."

#14 Posted by dopeman (387 posts) -

hopefully a new ip

#15 Posted by Milkman (16682 posts) -

If it's not a new Elder Scrolls, then I'm not interested.

#16 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

New IP but I would love to see another Elder Scrolls.

#17 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I think it would be cool if it were something more reality based. Maybe a little sci fi. 

Something like the SNES Shadowrun would be epic...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.