Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bethesda Softworks

Company »

Bethesda Softworks is an American publisher responsible for franchises like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, and more. Previously a part of Zenimax Media, Bethesda was purchased by Microsoft in September 2020.

Rumor: Bethesda Buying Stalker Franchise

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Source

If true, it's a match made in heaven.

I've only finished the first Stalker way back when, on a computer which wasn't quite up to the task, and have played none of the expansions. When I tried to replay it during the first quarter lull of 2012, I didn't quite get over the initial hump. Regardless of its many flaws and quirks, its premise always was fascinating to me. The elusive open world RPG/FPS hybrid, being a true shooter at its core. I want that! Call of Prypriat apparently pretty much succeeded at what they were setting out ot do with the first game, or so the word of mouth says. Guess I should pick that one up one of these days.

Anyways - just wanted to share the news. Let's hope this is true, and that we're in for something big. Watch some random review of Call of Prypiat in the meantime...

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By kindgineer

I absolutely loved the idea of STALKER and the atmosphere it created, however (and I'm sorry to say this) but the games are a broken mess that really didn't allow me to fully invest myself in it's universe. I think this rumor of sorts is one of the best ideas to arise in a long time and hope that it is true.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.