Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bethesda Softworks

Company »

Bethesda Softworks is an American publisher responsible for franchises like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, and more. Previously a part of Zenimax Media, Bethesda was purchased by Microsoft in September 2020.

So Bethesda registered a new domain and started a countdown.

• 148 results
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

@thehbk said:

Its the next Elder Scrolls but set way into the future where Tamriel has been devasted by nuclear war.

I would love this personally.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Fake or real, I think we should expect an announcement of a new Fallout game early 2014 at the latest. They have to have been working on that game for a long while now.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater said:

It's Fallout 4, and I welcome Bethesda in their attempt to make the same kind of progression that Skyrim had from Oblivion.

Also, when South Park flops Obsidian can make another superior psuedo-sequel with better writing and more balanced gameplay, but like 3x the bugs at launch.

I think Bethesda and Obsidian are on the same level when it comes to buggy games.

Fallout NE was a fucking mess when released, on a whole other level of buggy than Fallout 3. But the PS3 version of Skyrim was so fucking broken that I think I'll agree with you. Both fantastic developers, but neither can make a well-running game to save their life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

If this is real, I hope it's either a Fallout game with the design sensibilities of the original or WET 2.

Wait, is WET 2 gonna come out at some point? Please say yes.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Wake me up when Obsidian does Fallout: Detroit or whatever. I have no care for Bethesda's writing, and writing is too big a part of Fallout for me.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

@thehbk said:

Its the next Elder Scrolls but set way into the future where Tamriel has been devasted by nuclear war.

I'm going to imagine dragons that are radioactive...goddamnit.

Vod_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Rogue Warrior 2!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Whatever it is I hope they finally hired some good writers and quest designers. Maybe even evolved the combat a bit but that's just expecting too much I think.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

WAR. NEVER. CHANGES!

No Caption Provided
    Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Missacre

It's Fallout 4, and I welcome Bethesda in their attempt to make the same kind of progression that Skyrim had from Oblivion.

So a step back, you mean? I don't know why you'd want a worse game, but that's just me. I personally want a good game.

Avatar image for sarcasticmudcrab
    SarcasticMudcrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At no point was there not going to be a fallout 4, fake website or not.

Icemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Icemo

Fuck yeah! I don't care if the story is shitty, I just want to wander around for hundreds of hours looting every nook and cranny.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I actually thought Fallout 3's story was pretty okay..

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By YOU_DIED

@humanity said:

Whatever it is I hope they finally hired some good writers and quest designers. Maybe even evolved the combat a bit but that's just expecting too much I think.

God willing, the writing in Skyrim was laughably bad

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, Fallout and Elder Scrolls are mighty boring.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So long as I don't have to enter a dungeon for 99 percent of the quests again, I'm happy in that regard.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AndrewB

Yeah, let's build hype for a game everyone is so thoroughly hyped for already.

Actually, sure. That's just fine because it means Fallout 4 is far enough along to be starting the hype engine.

*Looks at source* Oh, also, it's going to be set in Bridgeport, CT (damn, there are too many Bridgeports to make that kind of a leap of faith).

<!--- 1 Message DD/MM/YYYY For European and American sites-->

<audio src="/radio/bridgeport-5284ec0d1b93c.mp3" autoplay loop>

Wait, Fall River. Makes CT slightly more likely. And apparently everyone else was already also thinking that way, with a quick Google search.

<!--- <audio src="/radio/fall-river-6191da7f11n.mp3" autoplay loop> -->

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#68  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Morse: 12.11.13 11.12.13

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is true I might just cum in my pants. The PC versions of the Fallout games were my favourites of this last generation and I could not think of any other game that could make me happier.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

That's some fallout ass fallout font.

Even the little radio sigil thingy looks super Fallout-y. I'm cautiously excited.

YaveX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That beeping nearly split my ear drum open, it HAS GOT to be Fallout 4! Just LOOK AT IT! IT HAS FALLOUT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@missacre said:

@arbitrarywater said:

So a step back, you mean? I don't know why you'd want a worse game, but that's just me. I personally want a good game.

Graphically, Skyrim was a pretty good jump from Oblivion. I'd personally say it's really hard to go back and play Oblivion because the difference is so fucking jarring. The story was a pretty huge step back, though.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By _Zombie_

The site updated with a Vault-tec logo beneath the countdown clock.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Missacre

@_zombie_ said:

@missacre said:

@arbitrarywater said:

Graphically, Skyrim was a pretty good jump from Oblivion. I'd personally say it's really hard to go back and play Oblivion because the difference is so fucking jarring. The story was a pretty huge step back, though.

Yeah, that's more or less what I meant. It did look pretty at times, from a distance, but everything else was a disaster, at least to me.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@radecau said:

Looking in the source there are images from http://prepareforthefuture.com which is an official fallout site, so yeah new fallout probably.

Yeah the images did look like Fallout.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By emprpngn

I've tinkered around in FO3, but never put any serious time into the series. Having played several Elder Scrolls games first, FO3 just felt too close to Oblivion for me to really dive in at the time. Hopefully FO4 will differentiate itself.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By bigjeffrey
    No Caption Provided

Vault-Tech logo added

IT'S HAPPENING

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GaspoweR

@bigjeffrey said:
    No Caption Provided

Vault-Tech logo added

IT'S HAPPENING

So it's confirmed now! Plus with the name of the site being survivor2299, this would suggest it takes place in the year 2299. That would be roughly 18 years after Fallout: New Vegas and 222 years after the Great War(COINCIDENCE??!). That's a pretty interesting year since that's right before the start of the 24th century. I reckon the plot would probably tie itself into a grand, world changing event prior to the turn of the century. I'm getting excited just thinking about it! :D

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Guys! Do you think there might be another fallout video game?

sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@you_died said:

@humanity said:

Yes, please. The Dark Brotherhood storyline in Skyrim ruined the rest of the game for me because it was so well-done that going back to "hello Dragonborn, I exist to make you do this thing" for the rest of the game was miserable. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were only slightly better in that regard.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@you_died said:

@humanity said:

Yes, please. The Dark Brotherhood storyline in Skyrim ruined the rest of the game for me because it was so well-done that going back to "hello Dragonborn, I exist to make you do this thing" for the rest of the game was miserable. Fallout 3 and New Vegas were only slightly better in that regard.

It's even sadder to think that the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion was way better than the one in Skyrim. For that matter, the Thieves guild end quest was also pretty spectacular in Oblivion - but at least that is somewhat entertaining in Skyrim and woe unto thee whom returneth the skeleton key in that last quest.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#83 fisk0  Moderator

So much hate for the Gamebryo engine. That engine has been used in over a hundred games, most of which are not known for their buggyness. The common denominator when it comes to the broken ones is Bethesda, not Gamebryo.

Here's a list of games using Gamebryo up to 2012 (since Mobygames is pretty much busted at this point, and hasn't been regularly updated in quite a while, there are probably quite a few games that have been released since using the engine): http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/middleware-gamebryolightspeednetimmerse

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AlexGBRO

i think is too early from Fallout 4 they have Elder scrolls online and Wolfenstien and The Eveil Within and all of them are coming in 2014 i think, so if they anounce Fallout 4 it could damage their ESO sales, Fallout 4 should be a nov/oct 2015 game

excast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By excast

@alexgbro said:

i think is too early from Fallout 4 they have Elder scrolls online and Wolfenstien and The Eveil Within and all of them are coming in 2014 i think, so if they anounce Fallout 4 it could damage their ESO sales, Fallout 4 should be a nov/oct 2015 game

A subscription based MMO is going to struggle. Bethesda knows this and if anything I can see them pushing Fallout 4 to recoup the likely losses they will take on Elder Scrolls Online.

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want it to be a new Fallout so Obsidian can get to work on a well written sequel.

Dezztroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Dezztroy

@fisk0: Yep. Gamebryo might not be the best engine out there, but the blame for Bethesda games always being half-broken definitely falls on Bethesda.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#89  Edited By eXists

Finally a next-gen game... (hopefully)

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a new Fallout game, nothing surprising!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Funkydupe
    sissylion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@sissylion said:

@you_died said:

@humanity said:

It's even sadder to think that the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion was way better than the one in Skyrim. For that matter, the Thieves guild end quest was also pretty spectacular in Oblivion - but at least that is somewhat entertaining in Skyrim and woe unto thee whom returneth the skeleton key in that last quest.

Gonna disagree with you there. Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood was kind of neat, sure, but I didn't find it anything special. While Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood loses a lot of momentum in its third act, the very first scene from it and all the Cicero stuff blew me away in terms of writing and atmosphere.

fossas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The logo at the bottom is from the fallout games.

seamuspaxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By seamuspaxman

@sissylion said:

@humanity said:

@sissylion said:

@you_died said:

@humanity said:

Gonna disagree with you there. Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood was kind of neat, sure, but I didn't find it anything special. While Skyrim's Dark Brotherhood loses a lot of momentum in its third act, the very first scene from it and all the Cicero stuff blew me away in terms of writing and atmosphere.

Lol, are you serious? The Dark Brotherhood questline in Skyrim was fucking terrible. They all were. Oblivion's was so much better, SO much better. From the party quest where you had to have all the guests turn on each other, fucking murdering that dark elf in the prison that taunts you at the start of the game. Finding out that the lucky lady statue in Bravil housed the tomb of The Night Mother. I was so disappointed with Skyrim's faction quests. Not only were they bad, but it took like 6 hours to finish a whole faction questline. The only decent faction that is even remotely engaging is the thieves guild, and even that doesn't compare to Oblivion's.

Fuck, i played Oblivion years ago, and i still fondly remember the time i had with it. From the quirky characters, to the absurd quests. Also, the painting you had to jump into to save some famous artist who went missing, you went in a painted landscape to go search for him. Genius.

Man, Oblivion even had great side quests. I have no fucking recollection what Skyrim was about, and i only played it like a year ago. Everything about that game was just bland and forgettable.

You should be ashamed. I'm droppin' the mic.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I am so psyched for this!!! Give me Fallout 4, Bethesda!!

blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By blair

This, more than almost anything, is why I get excited for the prospects of new consoles.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@excast: yeah but saying that fallout is coming so fast makes people just wait for that and not try ESO, also it shows how much

Bethesda belives in this games

(already there are a lot of top games in the spring so it will be hard for ESO to get 60$ box + 15$ for a secound month sub)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.