Steam sale on all Bethesda games!

#1 Posted by Yit (761 posts) -
HUGE SAVINGS!

ALL FILES MUST GO!

Fallout 3, just 29.99! Oblivion, 8.50! Morrowind, just $5!

And while you're here, prepurchase New Vegas! 

WOO!
#2 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Nice. My steamgamesales feed didn't catch this. Too bad I can't just get the F3 DLC for %50 off.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Saw this earlier and bought Morrowind. The game of the year edition of Fallout 3 for $25 is a crazy awesome deal.

#4 Posted by Rhombus_Of_Terror (2108 posts) -

So tempted to get fallout 3 again for the mods, the fact that I want to play using a Chinese uniform from Anchorage and a sword is also enticing.

#5 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up.

#6 Posted by Daveyo520 (6788 posts) -

I need money!!!!!!!!!

#7 Posted by MikkaQ (10294 posts) -

Why is it so tempting to re-purchase things I already own when it goes on sale on Steam? 

#8 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Is oblivion still the same? Meaning are the load screens still a minute each?

#9 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

now I don't feel guilty about pirating F3 a couple months back :)

#10 Posted by Tordah (2480 posts) -

Nice, I guess now I have no excuse not to buy my first Bethesda game.

#11 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

Who wants to take bets as to whether Vinnie buys all of these?

#12 Posted by AndrewB (7632 posts) -

B-but I already own them all (except for Vegas, of course!).

#13 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" Is oblivion still the same? Meaning are the load screens still a minute each? "
anyone have an answer for my question?
#14 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" @arab_prince said:
" Is oblivion still the same? Meaning are the load screens still a minute each? "
anyone have an answer for my question? "
Huh?  That would be determined by your hardware, not the game.  If you have some POS machine you had back when it came out then, yes it will be a slow load.
#15 Posted by kishan6 (1914 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
get a better computer 

my load times are 1-2 seconds
#16 Posted by Landon (4147 posts) -
@kishan6 said:
" @arab_prince said:
get a better computer  my load times are 1-2 seconds "
Yeah, I've never known Oblivion to load that long.
#17 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -
@SeriouslyNow: @kishan6: @Landon:  
Sorry, I should have specified that I played Oblivion on the 360 before. So from your responses, I am guessing it handles better on PC?
#18 Posted by Landon (4147 posts) -
@arab_prince said:
" @SeriouslyNow: @kishan6: @Landon:  Sorry, I should have specified that I played Oblivion on the 360 before. So from your responses, I am guessing it handles better on PC? "
I had Oblivian for 360 as well. The load times were a little frequent, but none of them were more than 10 to 20 seconds.. Maybe you should have cleared your cache or something.
#19 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -
@Laketown said:
"now I don't feel guilty about pirating F3 a couple months back :) "

You should.
#20 Posted by AndrewB (7632 posts) -

On a nice PC, Oblivion load times are instant to nearly instant.

#21 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -
@Blueman said:
" @Laketown said:
"now I don't feel guilty about pirating F3 a couple months back :) "
You should. "
why? I just bought it ;) I wasn't going to buy it without knowing if I could run it or not
#22 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Are there any improvements to the Steam version of Morrowind? I already own it on CD-ROM, but would gladly snatch it up again so its disc free.

#23 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

If you already have FO3, does the GOTY edition install into the same directory? 

#24 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Says here Fallout 3 is $25 not $30, but that's still too much to warrant a rebuy.

I had / have really long load times on the 360 version of Oblivion and in my experience it won't even require a high end PC to have better load times.  My old PC loaded areas much quicker but the in-game performance was much worse.

#25 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I could go for that GOTY Fallout 3. I have been meaning to get back into it at some point and since I don't have any of the DLC this could be a good excuse to revisit it.

#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" now I don't feel guilty about pirating F3 a couple months back :) "
You're so indie.
#27 Posted by Dalai (7033 posts) -

Fallout 3 is very tempting. If the sale lasts throughout the weekend, I'll probably end up buying it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.