Beyond Good and Evil 2: "It's Coming"

#1 Edited by Aegon (5548 posts) -

Says Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot.

"I don't give comments anymore on BG&E2," Guillemot said, "because I think ... the next time next time we communicate we have to have something new." Not specific to the PS4 or any other platform, he told me: "It's coming."

Source

#2 Posted by Humanity (9076 posts) -

Well thats awesome the me from like 10 years ago is pretty excited about this.

#3 Posted by Davvyk (694 posts) -

That leaked video from a while back was pretty amazing from an animation point of view. It was just striking to see a character react to the world in such a responsive way. That said i think it was just a target render so it probably bears little resemblance to the final product other than the overarching vision they have.

#4 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Jesus this game has been in development now for a fucking millennia.

#5 Posted by Humanity (9076 posts) -

@hidys said:

Only good things come from long development cycles.

#6 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Like Half Life 3 and Persona 5, tell me when it's out.

#7 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if it ever comes out, it's going to be a long time from now.

#8 Edited by awesomeusername (4177 posts) -

@humanity said:

@hidys said:

Only good things come from long development cycles.

I c wut u did thar. :)

Wait. I should be sad.

:(

#9 Posted by Nick (660 posts) -

This game and Dreamfall Chapters are the 2 games I'm most excited for, grrrr I hope it appears at E3 this year.

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I think now is about the time I should play the original Beyond Good and Evil to see if this sequel is warranted in any way.

#11 Posted by rapsney (29 posts) -
@hidys said:

I really doubt its been in actual development for all that long. Its fairly easy to drum up a concept video to sell an idea on what they want to do and I'm sure that's all the leaked video was

#12 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those games that people fawned over the idea of for years and it will finally get released sometime in the future then everyone will be dissapointed and it will end up not being very noteworthy. Just seems how these protracted development cycles usually work. Sleeping Dogs is one of the few games of this ilk that somehow made it out alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.