Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good & Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2003

The story of a young, curious, and green-loving photojournalist named Jade, out to unravel an alien conspiracy on her home planet of Hillys.

Buy on Steam or XBLA?

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Venatio

I wanna play this game and it's alot cheaper on Steam, is it good on PC? Does it looks as good as HD on 360?

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By s10129107

the original beyond good and evil doesnt work properly on my computer.  if the hd version is coming on steam i'd say get that.  if not get the 360 version.  eventually there will be a new console and your 360 wont be hooked up any more.  pc is always relevant.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

The PC version of Beyond Good and Evil is a little rough, at least on some computers.  On two separate machines, I had sound problems and graphical hitches that made the game a little irritating to try and play.  I'm not saying that it won't work but there is always that chance it might not.  I ended up waiting to play the XBLA version when it came out and it was worth it; that version is much cleaner and works beautifully. 

Graphically, I would say that the PC version may(?) come close to the XBLA version, but I still think that version looks better.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

I played Beyond Good and Evil on PC when it first came out but I bet it works better on XBLA (in termes of control)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JasonR86

I would feel safer buying it on a console.  You know that it won't be fucked up on a console.  On the PC it is a bit hairy.

hurtfulmadmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By hurtfulmadmax

For simplicity's sake, just get the 360 version. That being said, I didn't mind the few hoops it took to get the steam version running perfectly.

PS: The HD Live version is near identical to the PC one if you have a decent comp.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By 1337W422102

The PC version has no way to invert the mouse's y-axis, so if you play inverted, you're shit out of luck.  (There's an "invert camera" option, but it flips the y- AND x-axis, for some reason.)

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By jmfinamore

I'd say the Live version. The game can be wonky on certain PCs like someone said (it works for me, but there was an issue with sound). Also, the controls are pretty bad and there's no way to get a gamepad to work (I could be wrong about this, it's been a while).

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By ajamafalous

The PC version is pretty wonky, which has lead to me not playing more than an hour of it. A shame because I really want to.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

I'd go for the 360 version, but only because there's a greater guarantee that it will run.

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Kyle

Definitely XBLA, the PC version is a piece of crap. You can get it to run pretty well after messing around with it a bunch, but even then you have to use the awful PC controls or use some kind of outside application to fake gamepad support. Not recommended at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I bought the game new for $10 for the Xbox back in the day.  Is it just an HD remake or is there new shit? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.