Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good & Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2003

The story of a young, curious, and green-loving photojournalist named Jade, out to unravel an alien conspiracy on her home planet of Hillys.

Which platform?

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aska

I want to check this game out, but not sure which to get it on...  I own every last-gen console but I do most of my gaming on the PC, mainly through Steam.  Is the PC version up to snuff compared to it's console counterparts?  I can use a modded XBox 1 controller and probably play that way, but are there technical things hampering the PC version?  If so, and I do get it for a console, which would be best?  I doubt it would be PS2 simply because of the strength, and Gamecube seems to be the one to choose for platformers.  GAH, I'm so confused... help.

Thanks in advance, this game looks interesting.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McPaper

I heard that the controls are pretty thumbly in the PC version however you have a controller so Im not sure how that measures up, and console ports to PC are usually quite awkward. I doubt there is anything wrong with the console versions, I would imagine the Gamecube holds up slightly better due to technical graphics.

Either way Im sure you will have a decent experience with any version so you shouldnt worry that much.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Aurelito

It runs smoothly on PC but controlling it with a keyboard and mouse would be frustrating since  most of actions should be implied simultaneously by both of them. and game will not respond if you put Ani-Aliasing into the maximum with a new graphic adapter. but I suppose PC version is the best if you have it's appropriate hard wares.

Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Aska

Yea, hardware definitely not an issue.  I think I'll pick it up off Steam, I played Psychonauts with my controller this way and it was just fine.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Nick

I always wanted to play this game and just bought it off Steam last night, I'm loving it so far.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By c1337us

I have it for the gamecube. I have no experience with other versions for comparison.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool
    c1337us said:
    "I have it for the gamecube. I have no experience with other versions for comparison. "
    I also have it for the Gamecube.  Very nice game abd plays very well.

Though I do not know for sure, it would likely be better than the PS2 version, as most Cube games were (except for most fighting and racing games) because of more power (like in RE 4).
    Kloreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kloreep

I've heard the PS2 version is definitely inferior to the other versions - more slowdowns, and less shiny graphics.

I've also heard the XBox version is a little bit nicer than the GameCube version. But, the GameCube verison can be played on a Wii; the XBox version hasn't gotten compatibility with the 360. The PC version doesn't sound like a bad way to go, and is certainly the best graphically, but be prepared to do some fiddling if it doesn't like your system.

My only experience is with the GameCube version (played it all the way through, it was fine) and an attempt at the PC version (couldn't get the game timing right on my laptop's power-saving CPU).

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By subject2change

Have it on the PS2, got it as a deal with ICO at a great price so didn't pass it up. May sell the PS2 version and get the GameCube but we'll see. Graphics are not what I care about anyway; if the game is the same with graphical differences thats fine. Gameplay + Story make a game with Graphics as the icing on the cake.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.