25 minutes of gameplay footage

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19306 posts) -

From this site.

I'm just posting a video, but I think it's pretty relevant and I wanted to post it for people who would be interested.

I'm not going to watch this, as I'm going to be avoiding spoilers for this game as much as possible, but it's hard to resist. I'm reading some comments that refer to this as looking a bit like Ghost Trick, so that's definitely a good thing.

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Screw you Flux! I'm trying to avoid watching anything about this game and you're not helping!

#3 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

I liked Heavy Rain, but it could be kind of monotonous - this looks like it'll be smoother on the QTE front, and according to the guys talking offscreen it sounds like you still control the character during some, or something and there's the ghost stuff. I like the freaky ghost stuff. Ghost really wrecked some shit at the end there, god damn. Looks cool. 

I shouldn't have watched this video because some of this would have been really cool to play through.

#4 Posted by benspyda (2018 posts) -

Looks a lot more interesting than Heavy Rain. God, Heavy Rain was such a dull game.

The game looks pretty cool though and who doesn't like Ellen Page?

#5 Posted by Encephalon (1238 posts) -

Looks like Heavy Rain, and I enjoyed Heavy Rain enough despite its flaws to give Quantic Dream another shot. Let's do this.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

Looks really interesting. I'll definitely check it out whenever it releases.

#7 Posted by carnifexseverian (69 posts) -

Even if all this game ends up being is a slightly improved Heavy Rain with a much better plot, I'll totally be down.

#8 Posted by drac96 (665 posts) -

I like what they're showing. I only watched the first ten or so minutes, but I can see where people are getting Ghost Trick vibes from. It does still seem a lot like Heavy Rain though.

Either way I'm totally down to play this. It seems very interesting.

#9 Posted by benspyda (2018 posts) -

@drac96 said:

I like what they're showing. I only watched the first ten or so minutes, but I can see where people are getting Ghost Trick vibes from. It does still seem a lot like Heavy Rain though.

Either way I'm totally down to play this. It seems very interesting.

The last 5 mins are where all the ghost trick stuff happens.

#10 Posted by Morrow (1828 posts) -

Oh my, I loved Heavy Rain, and I LOVE Ellen Page! Looking forward to this :]

#11 Posted by EliteCreations (28 posts) -

I shouldn't have clicked the video... once you set your eyes on the game play, it's glued on until it's over. I'm not going to say any spoilers, but I'm going to say what gameplay I saw in the video, so if you don't want to know how it plays, don't read past this... /startspoiler...

The game plays just like Heavy Rain, where you have to press certain buttons at certain situations like R2, L2, R3, and even combinations of them at the same time. However, you also get to play as "Aiden" the ghost that follows Ellen Page. Aiden is able to interact with the environment from helping Ellen to destroying environments to assist Ellen. He's also able to control other people to also create diversions for Ellen.

It's a pretty neat concept... there's a lot you can do with Aiden if Quantic Dream nails it. Too bad I watched the video... that's it, I'm not going to watch anymore Beyond game play ): /endspoiler...

#12 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I really like it. Seems a lot more interesting than Heavy Rain and the visuals are pretty fantastic.

Definitely hyped. I just hope the story holds up throughout.

#13 Posted by Zaccheus (1784 posts) -

I'm just going to play anything David Cage is involved in. No questions asked.

#14 Posted by Mikey2D (217 posts) -

I have to disagree with alot of you - i was hugely disappointed to see a bit of this video and see what is basically the exact same control scheme as heavy rain.

#15 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

That's too much man ... I don't know if I wanna watch that but I also need to know who it plays, crap!.

#16 Posted by altairre (1117 posts) -

I am down to play a game with the Heavy Rain QTEs once in a while. I just hope that the story is better but from what I saw in this video (didn`t watch the whole thing) I'm intrigued.

#17 Posted by Nilazz (606 posts) -

Can't wait to play it!

#18 Posted by Tennmuerti (7957 posts) -

I tried to get into Heavy Rain I really did, but I just couldn't do it. It's just too little actual game for my taste and this looks kind of like that, so color me disappointed. But great if you are into that sort of thing.

#19 Posted by Ghostiet (5209 posts) -

If they don't fuck up the plot as royally as they did in Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain, this will be good.

#20 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

So knowing that it's a combo of Heavy Rain and Ghost Trick is LITERALLY all I need.

#21 Posted by AbeBroHamLincon (88 posts) -

im still going to wait for the bomb to do a quick look before i decide to buy :-)

#22 Posted by DBagalot (159 posts) -

@benspyda said:

#23 Posted by Ramone (2956 posts) -
#24 Posted by project343 (2810 posts) -

My only problem with Heavy Rain was the acting. Ellen Page fixes ALL of this. So excited!

#25 Posted by Jayesslee (105 posts) -

Video is private now :(

#26 Posted by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -
#27 Posted by Grixxel (762 posts) -

@benspyda said:

Looks a lot more interesting than Heavy Rain. God, Heavy Rain was such a dull game.

I sure fucking don't. Something about her voice. And acting. But I'm still probably going to play this game and like it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.