Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond: Two Souls

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

An interactive supernatural thriller from the studio behind Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. It tells the story of Jodie Holmes, a girl with mysterious psychokinetic abilities.

Music like this?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By emfromthesea

I've been listening to the Beyond: Two Souls soundtrack over the weekend, and I'm really digging it. In particular, I really like this one:

Now I have a bit of a weird question.
    I really like the 20 seconds of guitar that plays from about 0:45-1:05, and because I'm terrible at finding music, I was hoping someone could direct me to a musician or a piece of music that features that same usage of electric guitar. (I assume it is electric guitar, again, terrible with music)

Just something about that part of the song really resonates with me. It's almost as if I've heard it before in another piece of music, and I just can't remember what it was. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

That little bit is too short and unspecific. It reminded me a little bit of maybe an intro to a Metallica song, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything that would keep the style throughout an entire song. Look up maybe Fade to Black or Welcome Home by Metallica? Considering how calm and cinematic your clip was, I doubt you'd find many of their songs very similar though.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

This might be the most specific request I've ever seen on these forums. The problem with the specific 45-105 segment is that there really aren't too many songs that are entirely comprised of that tone.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

This might be the most specific request I've ever seen on these forums. The problem with the specific 45-105 segment is that there really aren't too many songs that are entirely comprised of that tone.

Ha, yeah, I had a feeling I was reaching a little too far with this request. Ah well.

In any case, thanks @tobbrobb for the suggestions. It's not really what I'm looking for, but it's confirming my suspicions that what I'm looking for isn't a tangible technique for the guitar, and is more just a generic sound created by a guitar and some computers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.