Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond: Two Souls

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 08, 2013

An interactive supernatural thriller from the studio behind Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy. It tells the story of Jodie Holmes, a girl with mysterious psychokinetic abilities.

This game is gorgeous.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I just finished this game today and I have to say the graphics are phenomenal.

I'm primarily a PC gamer with a pretty nice computer, so I've played games like Crysis 3, Battlefield 3, Metro Last Light, and The Witcher 2 max out, but the graphics in this game kept surprising me.

It's amazing how far they have been able to push 6 year old hardware. I can see some parts where it would be nice to have higher polygon models, but the lighting and textures really impressed me.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I didn't like the black bars, but yeah, the game looked amazing. Impressive for a PS3 game.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Good times ahead with the new consoles and all.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, regardless of how you feel about the game/story, it's hard to deny how impressive it is technically. Just stellar presentation, all around. It's especially crazy when you think of something like the original Resistance, which was only a few steps above a PS2 game in some respects. Oh, how far we've come even within the same generation. Definitely gets me pumped about how much more next gen will be able to push stuff later on down the road.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I think it was a good move from the corporations to let these consoles continue after five years. It definitely trained developers on releasing graphically tense games with weak hardware.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

What, really? It's not that impressive.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Check out that snowman!

Loading Video...
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

Yes it is very impressive no doubt but also the game isn't processing any physics or A.I. or anything so they probably had a lot of system memory to work with. Still, impressive and besides the awful script I enjoyed the thing.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing like an end of generation release, i remember playing God of War 2 (PS2), i was super impressed the whole time and i already had a PS3 and a dx10 capable gaming PC at the time.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yes it is very impressive no doubt but also the game isn't processing any physics or A.I. or anything so they probably had a lot of system memory to work with. Still, impressive and besides the awful script I enjoyed the thing.

I wouldnt say the script/story are terrible. I think it tries so many god damn different things over the course of 10 or so hours that it was bound to fail in some places. Honestly, even when the story was hokey as all hell I enjoyed it. There is something endearing about a crazy french guy attempting to create an allegory for life and death with an insane ghost/thriller/scifi/coming of age story. It's filled with both touching and downright hilariously awful moments in equal measure, but I can't say that is was ever boring, because it hooked me from start to finish either way (played it in one session actually).

At the end of the day, it's a fucking roller coaster ride of pure, bizarre emotion, and is a journey worth experiencing. Even if you just red box it like I did, it's so fucking worth it (Im actually thinking about picking it up when it's cheaper so I can always have it when I want it).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.