Big Huge Games purchased by Epic. Now Epic Baltimore.

#1 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2661 posts) -
#2 Posted by spree4567 (137 posts) -

It's cool, but your title isn't exactly accurate. Epic didn't buy Big Huge Games. They're opening a new studio in Baltimore with a lot of ex Big Huge Games employees.

#3 Posted by Dagbiker (6898 posts) -

Cool, Living 30 minuets from Baltimore I like that, but technically they arnt in Baltimore. I think they are a little north.

#4 Posted by Subjugation (4693 posts) -

They hired a bunch of former BHG employees, they didn't buy the company. Regardless, it's good to see that those guys are picking up work, if not from Epic then from Zynga and Zenimax.

#5 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

Awesome news!

#6 Posted by Seppli (9736 posts) -

Oh fuck yeah! My hopes for a kick-ass KoA:R 2 going full-on 3rd Person Diablo are not dead!

Thank you so much Epic! You really have earned them Lambos in my book now.

#7 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

More than happy to see these dudes land on their feet, but I don't anything I would remotely care about playing to come out of this.

#8 Posted by Blackout62 (1303 posts) -

Really? Not Epic Huge Games? Missed opportunity Michael Capps.

#9 Posted by rmanthorp (3694 posts) -

This is the best news.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@Seppli said:

Oh fuck yeah! My hopes for a kick-ass KoA:R 2 going full-on 3rd Person Diablo are not dead!

I thought the Amalur property was owned by 38 Studios. So I don't think that could happen - except in spirit, I gues (or if Epic were to buy it). I could be totally wrong though.

#11 Posted by TheHT (10272 posts) -

Gears of Amalur.

#12 Edited by Seppli (9736 posts) -

@HarlequinRiot said:

@Seppli said:

I thought the Amalur property was owned by 38 Studios. So I don't think that could happen - except in spirit, I gues (or if Epic were to buy it). I could be totally wrong though.

Yeah suppose that's true. The state of Shortbus Island or whatever will apparently get the rights to Amalur, and they'll likely try to sell it for some coin.

I really like the combat in KoA:R - I could see the guys at BHG pulling off a 3rd Person Diablo-style game with action combat, as long as they commit to delivering more challenging difficulty.

'Til then Darksiders 2 will tide me over. I heard there's some Diablo in my favorite Zelda/God of War mix now. A proposition that makes my eyes salivate with anticipation.

#13 Posted by probablytuna (3442 posts) -

Good news for those who recently lost their jobs. Hope it all goes well for them.

#14 Posted by Bevinsky (176 posts) -

I hope they put them to good use, and have them make RTSes. Though I doubt that will happen.

#15 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Terribly misleading title. I hate that titles can't be changed.

#16 Edited by CornBREDX (4454 posts) -

It's a shame this thread title is a lie.

They hired some ex BHG employees. Now people are going to think they hold rights to their previous games. They don't.

It is good, though, the people who lost jobs are finding jobs with other companys. While I never played it, KOA seemed like a decent game for a first in a promising franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.