The new patch completely ruins this game.

#1 Edited by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Apparently Stellar Stone sent out a patch for Big Rigs fixing numerous issues. Here is a quote from Gamespot's updated review

Stellar Stone put out a patch for Big Rigs that is already included in newer copies. With the patch installed your opponent actually moves, there are sound effects, and the broken Nightride track is replaced with a mirror version of the first track that doesn't crash the game. The grammatically questionable but entertaining "You're Winner!" message was also changed to read "You Win!"      

I always thought that the fact that the game was so bad made it fun. Going up mountains at full speed, driving outside of the geometry of the level, all of that crazy shit. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing used a uniquely terrible game, but now it's just a generic racing game. 

I don't know if this is old or not, but Gamespot's review was updated on April 2, 2010 so I'm assuming this is a new patch.
#2 Posted by dankempster (2252 posts) -

All I can say is, Stellar Stone are definitely not winner. Not winner at all.

#3 Posted by Spiral_Stars (456 posts) -

The only winners are the people who never played that game.

#4 Edited by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Patch? The game is 7 years old

Anyway, the game should stay horrible and broken, that's what's funny about it

Oh and it also spawned the greatest video review ever

#5 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

That's not new at all, that patch was released in January  2004.

#6 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
@ViciousReiven: Oh man, I'm late. Actually Gamespot is late.
#7 Posted by damnboyadvance (4060 posts) -

Wow, it took them long enough. Does it matter, though? It's more epic when it's broken!

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

I heard about a patch that made the opponent move a long time ago. The catch, however, is that he stops right before the finish line so it's still impossible to lose.

#9 Posted by Tebbit (4460 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" I heard about a patch that made the opponent move a long time ago. The catch, however, is that he stops right before the finish line so it's still impossible to lose. "
Rubber banding... TO THE MAX!
#10 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

Good.  I was about to stop playing because of these issues, but now I can look forward to much, much more Big Rig racing!

#11 Posted by s7evn (1072 posts) -

Does the studio exist anymore?

#12 Posted by AndrewB (7574 posts) -

That's not a fix. The game is better the way it is now.

Also, I like how their idea of fixing the game is by just cutting out one of the maps that was broken. If I were a developer on that game, I'd take enough pride in my work that I'd make a patch for it on my own time and actually fix it.

#13 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

You are Winner!!!!!

#14 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

#15 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

At this point, what's the purpose?

#16 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Cool but I think I'm going to stick with vanilla Big Rigs. The patch ruins the balance.

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21663 posts) -

Someone "fixed" Big Rigs? 

Burn that muthafucker in the 9th Circle of Hell!

#18 Posted by FreakAche (2951 posts) -

They should have brought Alex back to write the additional blurb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.