Big the Cat: Love or Hate?

#1 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

Personally, if he wasn't so damn slow (or not in a Sonic game), I wouldn't mind him so much. I think there is a place in every series for the gigantic oaf who's as dumb as a wall.

However, if Jeff's plan to have him assassinated in the DS game becomes true, that would be pretty awesome.

#2 Posted by Koopa_kid12 (110 posts) -

If you ask me Big is marmite, there are times were you could'nt do without him, then there are times were you just wish he would go away and choke on a furball, but most of the time he's more like peanut butter, he's nice enough, but not as good as chocolate spread!

#3 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

I find it quite hard not to loathe anybody who isn't Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, but Sonic Team seems to be trying their hardest to make me hate them as well.

#4 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

>Sonic Character

That's a hate.

#5 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"I find it quite hard not to loathe anybody who isn't Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, but Sonic Team seems to be trying their hardest to make me hate them as well."
Pretty much my feelings too.
#6 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
Otacon said:
"Vaxadrin said:
"I find it quite hard not to loathe anybody who isn't Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles, but Sonic Team seems to be trying their hardest to make me hate them as well."
Pretty much my feelings too."
other than those you named i dont even know them
#7 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I don't like him.

#8 Edited by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
Endogene said:
"other than those you named i dont even know them"
Google "Shadow the Hedgehog backstory" and read up.

Do it.  I dare you.
#9 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

Also, any human that isn't Robotnik (sorry I have to call him that) should not be in the games full stop.

#10 Posted by Jost1 (2077 posts) -

Worthless character that represents everything that's wrong with both SEGA and Sonic. Hope that clarifies.

#11 Edited by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

How did this thread get bumped back? Haha!

Edit: Woah! I just realized that because of when this was originally posted, the DS game that the OP was referencing must have been that BioWare RPG.

#12 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

he's a sonic character that's not sonic, thus i despise him
#13 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

I hate to be the one who says it, but he's totally voiced by Duke Nukem himself, Jon St. John. Now how conflicted do you feel?

#14 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik. That is all that exist in my eyes.

#15 Posted by DonChipotle (2746 posts) -

I prefer him over Amy.

#16 Posted by JackSukeru (5911 posts) -

I remember his voice in Sonic Heroes sounding like just some guy, trying to sound retarded. To me, he was the least appealing character out of the twelve playable in that game. 

TWELVE.

#17 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10990 posts) -

On the one hand, I think his levels in Sonic Adventure were really bad, but on the other, I kind of think that he's such a poorly designed and so widely hated character that it's funny, and thus I like him. 

#18 Posted by paradox121 (317 posts) -
@FreakAche said:
" How did this thread get bumped back? Haha!  Edit: Woah! I just realized that because of when this was originally posted, the DS game that the OP was referencing must have been that BioWare RPG. "
I remember that. That seemed so cool at the time. Then it wasnt. Rather unusual for a Sonic game eh?
#19 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -
@paradox121 said:
" @FreakAche said:
" How did this thread get bumped back? Haha!  Edit: Woah! I just realized that because of when this was originally posted, the DS game that the OP was referencing must have been that BioWare RPG. "
I remember that. That seemed so cool at the time. Then it wasnt. Rather unusual for a Sonic game eh? "
I actually never played it, which is strange because I love BioWare. I can't decide whether or not it's worth going back and playing at this point. Looking at it's page on Metacritic, I can't get over the fact that 1up gave it an A. It must be at least somewhat good.
#20 Posted by Gamer_152 (14077 posts) -

He's so bad he's okay!

#21 Posted by Sammo21 (3275 posts) -
@Blubba: all of sonics friends suck
#22 Posted by CaptainObvious (2998 posts) -

He seems like a guy who's secretly selling dope to kids in between games.

#23 Posted by WrathOfBanja (354 posts) -

I'd run him over with that mack truck in the beginning of adventure 2.

#24 Posted by august (3845 posts) -

Love to hate.

#25 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

His voice and dialogue make me want to drown myself.
#26 Posted by wewantsthering (1564 posts) -

I would play a Big the Cat RPG.

#27 Posted by TheHBK (5482 posts) -

Fuck that big fat ass piece of shit. If I saw him walking down the street, I would push him into oncoming traffic. Then kick the carcass and push it back into traffic. Useless annoying and has no place in that Sonice game.

#28 Posted by Wiseblood (644 posts) -
@Vorbis said:

I hate to be the one who says it, but he's totally voiced by Duke Nukem himself, Jon St. John. Now how conflicted do you feel?

#29 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I love Big the Cat. I have an action figure of him sitting on my desk. And I second the rpg idea.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.