Quicklook!?!?

#1 Edited by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

They really need to do a quicklook. I'm playing this right now and loving it. It's very funny and the action is great.  Big Bo is a shoe in for "character I'd most like to party with" this year.

#2 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

I'd like to see a QL as well. Content has been slow this week.

#3 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@BrockNRolla said:

I'd like to see a QL as well. Content has been slow this week.

well next week start the holiday rush again basically. so there will be stuff again.
#4 Posted by Benny (1937 posts) -

They're doing one, as mentioned in ILM.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

they mentioned it in ILM so...

#6 Posted by MiniPato (2657 posts) -

Jeff said he has a hard time finding it at retailers, but they'll do one once they get it. Amazon also doesn't do release date delivery for it, what gives? It's arriving next week for me :/

#7 Posted by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

@Benny said:

They're doing one, as mentioned in ILM.

@Animasta said:

they mentioned it in ILM so...

#8 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@MiniPato said:

Jeff said he has a hard time finding it at retailers, but they'll do one once they get it. Amazon also doesn't do release date delivery for it, what gives? It's arriving next week for me :/

Oh? I just went to a store and bought it like it was nothing.
#9 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Soon, Akiyama-san. Soon. Now go back to your hostess clubs!

#10 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Soon, Akiyama-san. Soon. Now go back to your hostess clubs!
I own one so I'm over going to them.
#11 Posted by Demoskinos (13876 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama: Same here. I work at Wal-mart and while we didn't get TONS of copies we did get enough that seems like you should be able to just waltz in and nab it.

#12 Posted by Twinblade (51 posts) -

having a ton of fun with this game and think its deserving of more attention. hopefully GB ends up making a quick look for it.

#13 Posted by pweidman (2215 posts) -

A quicklook right about now would be very useful. I am very curious about the mp especially. Maybe a TNT if it's any good too.

#14 Posted by CurtMan2k7 (108 posts) -

This game is f'n awesome! and the ending is so good, plus they steal the new movie trope and have a ending after the credits! this game definately deserves more coverage, for god sakes gamespot doesnt even have a review for it...lame
#15 Posted by Chris2KLee (2308 posts) -

@MiniPato said:

I'm wondering if it was a limited run because of Sega worrying about low sales. That said, I've heard some good things and I look forward to a quicklook whenever it happens.

#16 Posted by Marz (5608 posts) -

binary domain will probably be the game i play after ME3, seems interesting enough to give it a shot.  

#17 Posted by Castiel (2422 posts) -

Bumptilumpti.

Where is ze quicklook Mr. Bond?

#18 Posted by Yummylee (20584 posts) -

@Castiel said:

Bumptilumpti.

Where is ze quicklook Mr. Bond?

I don't think Jeff was able to find a copy unfortunately.

#19 Posted by President_Barackbar (3344 posts) -
#20 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2072 posts) -

But I'm sure we'll get a Mass Effect 3 quicklook, a game that you already know if you are or not going to buy when it comes out. But a game like Binary Domain that people are curious about? =(

#21 Posted by redrohX (48 posts) -

I would've liked to see a Quick Look, to at least give the game some exposure. This seems one of those games that is pretty good, but nobody is playing it.

We did get our obscure/unknown PC games worth this week with Vinny, Dave and Drew being the only ones in the office, but it would've been nice to see BD in a Quick Look.

#22 Posted by Mnemoidian (944 posts) -

@Chris2KLee said:

I'm wondering if it was a limited run because of Sega worrying about low sales. That said, I've heard some good things and I look forward to a quicklook whenever it happens.

Isn't that pretty much SEGA's MO for every title that is the least bit interesting? Silently sneak the games onto a few shelves and wonder why their daring investment didn't pay off? ^^

#23 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Jeffrey said that it most likely won't happen.

I hope they talk about it in the future bombcasts, though.

#24 Posted by MiniPato (2657 posts) -

I do hope we do get a quick look of it since Binary Domain is pretty much an unknown quantity to most people. Even if it's a late quick look I'm sure it will be helpful and informative since the game will mostly fly under the radar with Mass Effect 3 in the horizon.

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (13876 posts) -

Quick...somebody SEND them a copy.

#26 Posted by Make_Me_Mad (2950 posts) -

They're seriously not doing a quick look for it...? That sucks. This is a game that could really benefit from it.

#27 Edited by PhantomGardener (446 posts) -

@President_Barackbar said:

Yeah, Jeff confirmed on Formspring that the QL probably isn't happening

That's an really weak excuse from Jeff.. He can't check at a different store, than those he usually checks? Or, say.. Just order the game online?

#28 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

cancel your subscriptions till we get a damn quicklook

#29 Posted by august (3811 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

You first.

#30 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -
@august said:

@Shun_Akiyama said:

You first.

done
#31 Edited by ADAMWD (502 posts) -

So... has Jeff not heard of Amazon or something? That's a pretty BS excuse.

#32 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

I couldn't care less if the quick look's late. It's better than no QL at all, especially for this particular game. Make it happen, GB! Your audience respectfully requests it!

...seriously, please.

#33 Edited by Castiel (2422 posts) -

@Shun_Akiyama said:

WOW easy there buddy, it's just one game.

Well you can cancel you your subscription if you want, but I'm really happy with all the content and I'm definitely not going to stop my support for the best game site, heck one of my favorite sites actually, just because of one game.

#34 Edited by spazmaster666 (1965 posts) -

Somehow I don't think it's a big priority for them right now (i.e. GDC coming up, Mass Effect 3 review, etc). Also, they'll probably do a quick look of it eventually since we've seen plenty of situations where the crew does a quick look several weeks after a game comes out.

#35 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

Yeah I'm sorry Jeff, but that's a pretty lame excuse. I'm sure you guys got GDC to worry about so I guess I don't blame you, but it'd be pretty shitty if you guys just completely ignore this game because you couldn't get a copy before GDC happened, especially when it's got some internet buzz around it and people would like to know about it. I mean FFS, Red Dead Redemption at least got a Quick Look...

#36 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2343 posts) -

I'm guessing they did it too late, and now have to wait for it to get through editing before posting it. It'll probably be up next week.

#37 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -

Vinny and Jeff, yeah!

#38 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2072 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

Yeah I'm sorry Jeff, but that's a pretty lame excuse. I'm sure you guys got GDC to worry about so I guess I don't blame you, but it'd be pretty shitty if you guys just completely ignore this game because you couldn't get a copy before GDC happened, especially when it's got some internet buzz around it and people would like to know about it. I mean FFS, Red Dead Redemption at least got a Quick Look...

That was a runner up for GOTY though

#39 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

I would like to watch a Quicklook of this game, I hope they'll get to it eventually.

#40 Posted by OneManX (1664 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@iAmJohn said:

That was a runner up for GOTY though

RDR got a review, but it was never posted b/c Brad couldn't finish in time (they got the game late or something)

But I doubt BD is gonna get some love running smack into Mass Effect 3 and Street Fighter x Tekken.

#41 Posted by Lazyaza (2136 posts) -

The demo convinced me to buy it, I like shooting me some robots and the characters seem entertaining. Weirdly I'll end up playing this before ME3.

#42 Posted by Nentisys (881 posts) -

Finished this up last night, was pretty good. Really enjoyed it, although I won't ever touch it again.

#43 Posted by RobertOrri (1088 posts) -

Adding my voice to the "I really would like to see a quick look of this game" pile. Yes, even if it's late - better than never.

#44 Posted by BlackLagoon (1324 posts) -

Yeah, a quicklook would be nice. I'll often go back and look up old quicklooks when I find a cheap game I'm not familiar with... I kinda find having a comprehensive catalog of them more valuable than the reviews.

#45 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (440 posts) -

it's up now!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.