Sega Announces Squad-Based Shooter 'Binary Domain'

• 73 results
#51 Posted by Deathawk (280 posts) -

This begs the question: Is it a spoiler if the press release pretty much points out exactly what's going on?
#52 Posted by megalowho (959 posts) -

maybe it is us who are the robots.

#53 Posted by Yummylee (21243 posts) -

Ending gives a small pinch of promise, though everything else is, as everyone else has said, awfully generic and stereotypical.

#54 Posted by FuzMel (33 posts) -

We might as well be shooting flowers at it? The fook?

Crazy ass looking mechs and terrible script. Sega's making a bonafide Japanese gamemaking comeback

#55 Posted by TheSmashing (313 posts) -
#56 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

quick run to those chest high walls!

#57 Posted by MegaGoat (219 posts) -

Fuck you Sega
Fuck you

#58 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

i really hope this game just goes all out on the corniness, it should be pretty hilarious if that's what they are doing

#59 Posted by hermes (1366 posts) -

The ending was the only interesting thing... 

The rest... looks just like another generic shooter made by a japanese company targeted towards western sensibilities, without any idea about what that mean. Its like Quantum Theory  all over again.

#60 Posted by virtorio (248 posts) -

I have serious doubts this game will be good, or even playable, but that aside - that's a fine name for a video game.

#61 Posted by Shirogane (3563 posts) -

Yakuza? Got my attention.
#62 Posted by TheBanX (3 posts) -
It looks like japanese version of gears of war where the japanese tries to make badass dudes by putting slapping in the face fights.
#63 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Why is Coach in Japan?

#64 Posted by DrunkenWisdom (11 posts) -

Flop

#65 Posted by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

this site is going the redneck way.. full of xenophobic bs, it´s not like lately western release are full of inovation cough COD cough.. 

#66 Edited by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

Newsflash: a cinematic tells you nothing about the game's execution, and who gives a shit about the narrative or characters in an online game?  From the trailer, I inferred it was Sega's usual over-the-top craziness, but to say the game is going to be 'bad' when you have seen literally nothing of the game is mindless chatter.
Also, for everyone accusing Japan of ripping off the West, a Japanese company came up with the concept of the cover-based shooter in the first place. So there, stop making moronic comments about an industry you know little to nothing about.

#67 Posted by blacklab (1524 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Newsflash: a cinematic tells you nothing about the game's execution, and who gives a shit about the narrative or characters in an online game?  From the trailer, I inferred it was Sega's usual over-the-top craziness, but to say the game is going to be 'bad' when you have seen literally nothing of the game is mindless chatter.Also, for everyone accusing Japan of ripping off the West, a Japanese company came up with the concept of the cover-based shooter in the first place. So there, stop making moronic comments about an industry you know little to nothing about. "
Sometimes I wish that you could downvote comments on GB.
#68 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@blacklab:  Typical recourse of those who can't substantiate their opinion with facts or arguments.  It should be obvious that the negative comments are premature at this stage: a pre-rendered trailer shows nothing of the actual game.
I'm not saying this game is necessarily going to be good, mind you, but then again most games aren't.
And if it's not my contention that you disagree with, but the tone, it's because I'm getting sick of the borderline racist generalisations about the Japanese game industry.
#69 Posted by Tsarevich (14 posts) -

So far this just looks like a waste of a talented team. It can't be Quantum Theory bad, at the least.

#70 Posted by blacklab (1524 posts) -
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @blacklab:  Typical recourse of those who can't substantiate their opinion with facts or arguments.  It should be obvious that the negative comments are premature at this stage: a pre-rendered trailer shows nothing of the actual game.I'm not saying this game is necessarily going to be good, mind you, but then again most games aren't. And if it's not my contention that you disagree with, but the tone, it's because I'm getting sick of the borderline racist generalisations about the Japanese game industry. "
No facts or arguments to made. I just think you're being a jerk. And as far as a typical recourse...yelling 'that's racist' is the original.
#71 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@blacklab:  Yes, because referring blanketly to 'the Japanese' or the 'Japanese games industry' in pejorative fashion is the prerogative of those who are not jerks. The logic of racism is to view 'the other' as homogeneous and inferior, by the way. I didn't claim it was based on conscious racism, but it borders on it. 
#72 Posted by Jazz (2142 posts) -

Those droids need a redesign...otherwise I'd like to see how this pans out. Yakuza is a fantastic series.

#73 Posted by Shootist2600 (6 posts) -

ooh hadn't heard of this till now. futuristic squad based shooter? sign me up
#74 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

and why do japanese SUCK at good graphics. shit looks like ps2

#75 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

It's from the makers of Yakuza, so you know it'll be great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.