Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Binary Domain

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

A group of international soldiers take on an army of rogue androids in this sci-fi shooter set in 2080's Tokyo.

So hows the pc version of this game?

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Starfishhunter9

I've heard the controls of this were ported poorly to pc. How is this game looking in terms of graphics/optimization/controls in the Pc release?

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@rebgav said:

@Starfishhunter9 said:

How is this game looking in terms of graphics/optimization/controls in the Pc release?

Poor.

I've only played through the tutorial section but so far, pretty bad. Graphics options are minimal, controls and pc-specific options are set in a config program outside of the game, some keys don't re-map properly, the kb/m controls feel super clunky, your AA options are FXAA or MLAA. There's some hitching when changing between normal gameplay and scripted stuff. It's not the worst port in terms of performance but everything else could use some work (or some giving a shit.)

Thanks for the info, this is sad to hear. I might just pick up the 360 version.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By hmmisee

I found it fine once you set it all up and grasp how the controls work, it's more then fine, i had a blast!

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fudge91

I've been playing the game for a while now and it seems fine. You cant customize a lot though but It looks and runs great, for me at least. (i5 750 + 560Ti) Playing it with a 360 controller though.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BIG BO!

It's not great, but it is serviceable, though I would recommend the console version over the PC version.

CannonGoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By CannonGoose

If you want to use a controller and you have an Nvidia graphics card, then I would recommend the PC version.

The mouse and keyboard controls are poorly implemented and random AMD users have ridiculous framerate drops during combat scenarios.

That being said, the game is great fun and you should try it out on whatever platform you can get it for.

fudge91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fudge91
    @Village_Guy
    What? Why? the pc version looks way sharper plays at 60fps all times, including boss battles. And its steamworks.
    monkey523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By monkey523

I was curious about this, too, so I played the demo.  Mouse/keyboard controls are clumsy and bad, but gamepad controls seem fine to me.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Fudge91:

Mostly the controls, maybe it's just my PC, but it didn't run very well for me - and steamworks isn't necessarily a selling for me, maybe it is just bad luck on my part but I have had nothing but problems and trouble with Steam...

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game gives analog stick properties to the mouse. It overexaggetrates movement from mice without prediction (angle snapping) and has weird negative and positive acceleration issues.

Game pad is fine, but I'm curious as to why, an almost direct port, had the other button layouts that were in the console game, removed.

ArjanN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By ArjanN

It's a bit of a hassle to set up because of some weird default options and key bindings, but once get it set up it's still the best version of the game, IMO.

Bubbly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bubbly

It runs at a very solid 60fps for me (keep in mind I have a GTX 570, could be different for AMD users) at 1080p and max settings without any hitching or stuttering. As Will said, it suffers from the unfortunately common problem of not being optimized for a mouse. I got used to the mouse movement, but some may have a bigger problem with it than me. The keyboard controls can be a little clunky, but it is something you will get used to. I think a good way to describe the keyboard controls is by thinking of the clunkiness of ME3. Sometimes you go to cover when you don't want to and sometimes you vault over things when you don't want to.

Also, they made some very weird UI navigation choices. In the menus there is no mouse movement and you use WSAD to move, spacebar to select, and f to go back. To bring up the pause menu in-game you have to press enter. Like I said though, you will quickly get used to it. Another little note: To switch the icons (between a 360 controller and keyboard) in the game you have to load the config executable and change it there (this is also where you change your graphics options). I'm mentioning this because it defaulted to the 360 icons for me the first time I loaded the game and it was a lot of fun figuring out which buttons did what. If you have an Nvidia card and can tolerate the mouse movement (try the demo) then get the PC version. If you can use your 360 pad on your PC then that is always an option, too. Yes it could be better, but it looks fine and runs well for most. I'm pretty deep into the game (just got to Chapter 4) and am enjoying it. It is some good fun.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

@MODernChris said:

...you use WSAD to move, spacebar to select, and f to go back. To bring up the pause menu in-game you have to press enter.

Say wha??? This sounds like something they come up with on Bizzaro World.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bybeach

@Fudge91 said:

I've been playing the game for a while now and it seems fine. You cant customize a lot though but It looks and runs great, for me at least. (i5 750 + 560Ti) Playing it with a 360 controller though.

This is what I was looking for, will try K+M first, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d955ffb554b6
    deactivated-5d955ffb554b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat this game on PC this morning. My only real problem with the port is that all of the button prompts (for picking up ammo or guns or whatever) all display the 360 controller buttons, even when using a keyboard and mouse. Other than that, I don't have any real complaints about it.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Cirdain

@Darknezz said:

I just beat this game on PC this morning. My only real problem with the port is that all of the button prompts (for picking up ammo or guns or whatever) all display the 360 controller buttons, even when using a keyboard and mouse. Other than that, I don't have any real complaints about it.

Go into the config app thing. Scroll down to the bottom of controls. Then on the controller input set it to keyboard (by default it's set to Xbox 360)

But back to this. "The FOV isn't so small that my mind is imploding, so it's tolerable. Mouse problems, yeah.... I can fortunately cheat it a little through my mouse's sensitivity options so for me it was tolerable. Menu.... wow.... wow. K so in the config my thing was set up to show directions for a Xbox controller by default. When I went out then back on keyboard (you have to scroll down on the config) it uses wasd (navigation on menu), 'f' (back) and 'space' (select).... mad. Also who put Reload on the middle mouse button instead of 'r'??? But after changing the controls for a bit I've begun to find the gameplay to be 'Good'. I'm actually enjoying playing it.

But, if you can somehow get past the mouse look thing (putting points into accuracy made it a lot more bearable because at least it shoots where you're pointing) the I recommend the game because.. its really bloody interesting, and slightly funny, then its really serious, then children are about to shoot you cos' they have no future.... Deep man... deep. Its even more surprisingly interesting than Singularity was." - me on a different thread (totally not copied and pasted)

alibson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By alibson

I have a 3rd party 360 controller. Took me 2 hours to rebind it by editing the config file because the config program kept crashing. Oh and I have no idea how to bind triggers. Fucking amazing.

Finally after like 5 hours I found out how to bind the triggers, but they don't work for anything other than camera control. 40€ down the fucking drain.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By zaccheus

I just finished it with my over three years old iMac. Played well with 1920x1200 with all setting turned up and a wired 360 controller. I didn't notice any problems, some tearing (vsync was off) maybe, but I'm not really sensitive on that stuff.

-----

The game itself was pretty meh though. I had a lot of fun with the first few hours, but then it's just the same shit over and over. The structure is: kill a lot of robots, kill a big robot, long fucking on-rails section and repeat, repeat, repeat. The AI is also really, really bad. They try to build something between the character and it's admirable, but it's really bad when they run straight into your fire and then complain that you are shooting them and their trust level goes down. Not that the trust system matters what so ever. And after a tough battle you decide to pay a compliment to your team member and he/she acts like you have just insulted them greatly. The conversation system is also ridiculous because many of your response options just don't make any sense what so ever... Ranty rant rant is over now. There was some hype behind this game and to be frank I just don't have any idea why.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Starfishhunter9

I got 6870 GPU. Anyone had issues with AMD cards?

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cannonballbam

@rebgav said:

@Starfishhunter9 said:

How is this game looking in terms of graphics/optimization/controls in the Pc release?

Poor.

I've only played through the tutorial section but so far, pretty bad. Graphics options are minimal, controls and pc-specific options are set in a config program outside of the game, some keys don't re-map properly, the kb/m controls feel super clunky, your AA options are FXAA or MLAA. There's some hitching when changing between normal gameplay and scripted stuff. It's not the worst port in terms of performance but everything else could use some work (or some giving a shit.)

What is your setup? I have ran this at over 60 fps and it runs with no visual hiccups. It seems to be a major testament as to hold old the hardware in modern consoles are.

cannonballbam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cannonballbam

@Darknezz said:

You can change between 360 and keyboard prompts in the controls setting at configuration from start up.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Played through it with a 360 controller on the PC and had a great time. Playing through a 2nd time in fact.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SmilingPig

It looks like CBS interactive is too cheap to equip GB with a gaming PC.

sweetz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sweetz

It's fine - at least since the patch. Just play with a 360 controller. If you don't have a 360 controller, get one; you'll probably grow to love it like I have, even as a pure PC gamer. It runs at 60fps and has FOV adjustment, which is better than we get from some other ports.

Water rendering issue with nVidia cards is a bit of a bummer, but didn't occur on earlier drivers so that one probably is an nVidia issue as they claim in the patch notes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.