I've been hearing a lot about this game via Giantbomb, and it seems like there were some people out there that really liked this game, even putting it on their GOTY lists. Based on this I though I would give it a shot, but I'm really not enjoying it. I've just started chapter 6, and I'm going to finish it, but unless the end has something absolutely magical up its sleeve I'm at a loss as to understand why people think this game is special.
Some of the bad design I've seen thus far
- Not knowing whether or not your friends can revive you
- Not getting revived by someone right next to you
- Not understanding the meaning of the dialogue choices
- Teammates losing trust when they run into your fire
- Wasting your money buying upgrades for teammates
- Terrible story, obvious twists
- Terrible menus and UI on PC version
- Not knowing where to go
- Not knowing whether or not you are doing damage in boss fights
- Long boss battles
- Repetitive levels, so much padding and redundant gameplay
- Poor graphics
- Waiting for your teammate AI to catch you up when you reach an objective.
- Racism is not endearing.
- Getting revived only to be instantly killed during the slow standing-back-up animation
- Being unable to run during certain story sequences
And this is just off the top of my head.
There are so many offensively bad decisions that for me the game isn't even average, its flat out terrible.
So tell me, what is so awesome about this game? I feel like I'm missing something.