BioForge Song - Sinfonia di Tempesta

#1 Edited by jgray (4 posts) -

Backflips 'n BioForge is one of my favorite things ever, so I wanted to attempt to pay tribute to that somehow as a small way of saying thank you to Vinny, Patrick, Drew and Danny:

Sinfonia di Tempesta

I love seeing the artwork, videos and other creative stuff duders have posted or mailed in-- like the things Patrick mentioned in the Fez 2 article among many, many others. I've been around for a few years reading and watching, and I've never seen another community of users that is both this talented and this prolific... while also being absolutely insane. It's awesome.

I can't draw or animate or do anything with print media worth a crap.... So, I took a bunch of different music ideas from the stuff I heard in the background of the BioForge videos and tried to arrange as much as possible into a single instrumental song that was at least somewhat coherent and also fit the BioForge style.

I had to change keys and tempos in some sections, and fill in some gaps, but I hope most of it is recognizable or at least reminiscent of the game soundtrack if you've watched all the B'nB videos. If nothing else, I hope it makes someone laugh at the ridiculous nature of it all.

#2 Posted by Rorie (2697 posts) -
Staff
#3 Edited by joshwent (2113 posts) -

Not really my kind of music, but when I heard the "flute" part, I was definitely feeling it. Well done!

#4 Edited by MannyMAR (406 posts) -

That is pretty damn good. Plus the way you incorporated the "Beautiful Melody" into it, brought a tear to my eye.

#5 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2197 posts) -

Damn man good stuff!

#6 Posted by chiablo (904 posts) -

4 minute mark. :D

#7 Posted by drewbert (2194 posts) -

Oh my GOD WHEN I REALIZED THE GUITAR WAS THE FLUTE PART. This is incredible. Well done, duder!

Staff
#8 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Awesome work mate.

#9 Posted by Counterclockwork87 (603 posts) -

@jgray said:

Backflips 'n BioForge is one of my favorite things ever, so I wanted to attempt to pay tribute to that somehow as a small way of saying thank you to Vinny, Patrick, Drew and Danny:

Sinfonia di Tempesta

I love seeing the artwork, videos and other creative stuff duders have posted or mailed in-- like the things Patrick mentioned in the Fez 2 article among many, many others. I've been around for a few years reading and watching, and I've never seen another community of users that is both this talented and this prolific... while also being absolutely insane. It's awesome.

I can't draw or animate or do anything with print media worth a crap.... So, I took a bunch of different music ideas from the stuff I heard in the background of the BioForge videos and tried to arrange as much as possible into a single instrumental song that was at least somewhat coherent and also fit the BioForge style.

I had to change keys and tempos in some sections, and fill in some gaps, but I hope most of it is recognizable or at least reminiscent of the game soundtrack if you've watched all the B'nB videos. If nothing else, I hope it makes someone laugh at the ridiculous nature of it all.

Awesome work! As a musician myself may I ask how you recorded this? Also, how did you do the drums?

#10 Edited by M_Shini (550 posts) -

Makes me wanna learn this now, been looking for video gamey stuff to learn that has some sort of personal memory's attached to it, Don;t soppose you did make a tab to this but hay ill do my best to learn it for funsies anyway.

Awesome job.

#11 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10478 posts) -

Haha, great! This is really good!

#12 Edited by Aegon (5403 posts) -

I really like your "work" track. Do you play all the instruments?

The intro to "Modes of transportation" sounds great. "Days end" and "8th floor countdown" are also really interesting. Cool stuff.

#13 Posted by HandsomeMuffin (109 posts) -

Really like this! Especially the part about 3:30 onwards that you got from the awesome "action" music in the elevator.

#14 Posted by dannyodwyer (354 posts) -
@drewbert said:

Oh my GOD WHEN I REALIZED THE GUITAR WAS THE FLUTE PART.

THIS

Sweet work duder, Lex would be proud.

#15 Posted by audioBusting (1477 posts) -

Damn, this is backflippin' good.

#16 Posted by JackBurt0n (63 posts) -

Pretty good, man! Loved the inclusion of some of the themes from the game!

#17 Posted by GaspoweR (2805 posts) -

INSTANT COMMUNITY SPOTLIGHT POST!!!!

#18 Posted by sir_gunblade (117 posts) -

A+

#19 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

Amazing.

#20 Posted by Humanity (8811 posts) -

@jgray: props, the guitars as the flute was a great idea and the whole things sounds pretty rocking.

Someone needs to cut a video to this now.

#21 Posted by jgray (4 posts) -

Wow, thanks everyone! I'm glad people picked up on where some of the parts came from in the game: the guitar doing the "beautiful melody" flute part, and the bridge is totally built off the "action" elevator music... Where Patrick says "Listen to THIS music!"... Which is what prompted me to listen closer to all the background music in the first place.

#22 Posted by CornBREDX (4806 posts) -

That was bad ass man, good job!

#23 Posted by jgray (4 posts) -

@counterclockwork87:

Cool man. Everything was recorded direct to computer, through a USB interface. Drums are Toontrack samples triggered via midi in order to get a better resulting sound.. it's all VST instrument stuff and works well. I had to demolish my drum room a while back when I started having kids, and the Toontrack stuff is a decent alternative. I play the parts to get a better idea of what the drums should be, then edit via midi programming to get it lined up right. All the guitars and bass are direct through various processors and amps with xlr outs into the board. Anything outside of regular drum/bass/guitar sounds I play on a synth - either via midi keyboard or guitar synth. I'm always interested in talking about recording and learning from what others are doing, so it's great to hear from other musicians.

@m_shini said:

Makes me wanna learn this now, been looking for video gamey stuff to learn that has some sort of personal memory's attached to it, Don;t soppose you did make a tab to this but hay ill do my best to learn it for funsies anyway.

Awesome job.

I should have time to tab the main parts in the next week or so. I'll edit a link into the first post when I get it going. Whoever composed the original music for the game did a great job, because it's fun to play.

@aegon said:

I really like your "work" track. Do you play all the instruments?

The intro to "Modes of transportation" sounds great. "Days end" and "8th floor countdown" are also really interesting. Cool stuff.

Thanks! The percussion in "work" is a loop I made and rearranged for different sections, and the flute is sampled. I wish I could play an actual flute that well, cause it woulda really paid off in the BioForge track, heh. Most of the melody instruments in any of the songs I record are played on the guitar - no matter what the final sound is.

#24 Edited by jgray (4 posts) -

@drewbert said:

Oh my GOD WHEN I REALIZED THE GUITAR WAS THE FLUTE PART.

THIS

Sweet work duder, Lex would be proud.

Thanks, both of you guys. I had a similar reaction countless times during the like 7 hours of BioForge videos. I hope Lex would say "A Big Gun!" but I'd settle for "A Fork!"

#25 Posted by csl316 (8113 posts) -

This is cool and exciting.

#26 Posted by mrfluke (5092 posts) -

@marino community spotlight worthy? id say so. but its up to you

#27 Posted by mrfluke (5092 posts) -

tagging @patrickklepek to this in hopes he drops this in his upcoming bioforge feature somehow :P

#28 Edited by YoThatLimp (1880 posts) -

Holy shit!

#29 Posted by NicksCorner (410 posts) -

Fantastic work :)

#30 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

I love you.

#31 Posted by ChrisTaran (1565 posts) -

Awesome work, duder! Can't get enough of it :)

#32 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -
#33 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

This is awesome.

I wish I had talent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.