Still no online competitive multiplayer

#1 Posted by PeepingTommy (65 posts) -

I really enjoyed the offline multiplayer in the original rearmed but as you can imagine - it's not something my girlfriend is begging to play with me. If they had managed to bring that back with online functionality then would have definitely been prepared to pay the extra 400msp for this one.

#2 Posted by bartok (2469 posts) -

Why would we want online competitive multiplayer in a 2-D Bionic Commando game ? 

#3 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

Fat chance, bub.

#4 Posted by TooWalrus (13169 posts) -
@PeepingTommy said:
"Still no online competitive multiplayer."
...and I'm just fine with that.
#5 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5254 posts) -

Maybe not competitive, but at least some co-op netcode would have been cool. Either way, this game is so far from requiring multiplayer, I don't even really see a point to the local co-op.

#6 Posted by superneat (1 posts) -
@wolf_blitzer85: The point is, it's fun. My friends and I had a blast playing some BCR1 multiplayer. It's not like I'd jump in and play random pub games with people, but being able to play my friends a few times over the internet would have been nice. Not a big deal either way, as it's a multiplayer experience that is best played in the same room I'm sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.