Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 13, 2008

Bionic Commando Rearmed is a remake of the classic NES game, Bionic Commando. Although it was designed mainly as a marketing tie-in to the 360 and PS3 game also called Bionic Commando, it was actually far, far better received by critics than the real console game.

Rearmed Sells Over 130,000 Copies in Week One

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    BC Weekly Field Report #12

There's a lot of other facts in there, like the metacritic scores for each version.

This make me happy. The game definitely deserves to sell this well (which is really good for a digital download game). I'm really far in the game, but I have a few areas left (this is a HARD game).

I can't wait to see how well made Mega Man 9 is. I wasn't a Capcom fan before, but I definitely am now. Go Capcom!
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Congrats to them, it certainly is well-deserved.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Congrats to them, it certainly is well-deserved."
    Definitely. I'm surprised more people aren't commenting on this... This is definitely good news, in my opinion.
    Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Riddler

good its a great game. bought it day one and forced a friend to buy it as well. love the art style.

not buying that 8bit mega man trash though. i didnt buy an xbox360 and a hdtv to play 8 bit games. my nes still works.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Riddler said:
    "good its a great game. bought it day one and forced a friend to buy it as well. love the art style.

not buying that 8bit mega man trash though. i didnt buy an xbox360 and a hdtv to play 8 bit games. my nes still works."
    I think an 8bit game on an HDTV will look sexy. You can see EVERY SINGLE PIXEL. =P

Plus, I love the nostalgia factor.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

Great news, I hope it continues to sell well...they were losing money from this game since they put so much more in it than a 10$ purchase, I hope they end up making most or all of it back...probably the best game value there has been so far, BC Rearmed fucking rocks.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Good news. I haven't bought it yet, but I downloaded the demo today and I really liked it so I think I'll buy it sooner or later.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    pause422 said:
    "Great news, I hope it continues to sell well...they were losing money from this game since they put so much more in it than a 10$ purchase, I hope they end up making most or all of it back...probably the best game value there has been so far, BC Rearmed fucking rocks."
    They've definitely made all that money back. There's no way they had a budget of $1,000,000 for a 2D remake of an NES game.
    Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Vaxadrin
    And while, it's great to have my first title be not only a critically acclaimed one but also a financial success, there is a bigger picture at play here that we need to look at. Consumers voted with their dollars. They basically have sent the message loud and clear:

We are tired of meta-emulated crap.
    We want the titles of yesteryear to be paid the proper respect.
    We want them done right.
    And if the price is right, we'll buy.

Basically, we have set a standard in digital gaming. The bar has been raised and you have let developers around the world know that if they invest the time, money, and heart into making (and remaking) some great games, you will support that initiative.

:bow: Ben Judd :bow:

Now hows about making an HD Mega Man 10?
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Vaxadrin said:
    "And while, it's great to have my first title be not only a critically acclaimed one but also a financial success, there is a bigger picture at play here that we need to look at. Consumers voted with their dollars. They basically have sent the message loud and clear:

We are tired of meta-emulated crap.
    We want the titles of yesteryear to be paid the proper respect.
    We want them done right.
    And if the price is right, we'll buy.

Basically, we have set a standard in digital gaming. The bar has been raised and you have let developers around the world know that if they invest the time, money, and heart into making (and remaking) some great games, you will support that initiative.

:bow: Ben Judd :bow:

Now hows about making an HD Mega Man 10?"
    If Mega Man 9 is successful, I wouldn't be surprised. I just hope they keep it 2D with higher resolution sprites.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.