Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Bionic Commando is the follow-up to the NES classic of the same name. The game revolves around the protagonist's bionic arm used for swinging, and combat.

Do you ever use the evasive roll move?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Every time I've tried to roll to escape enemy fire, I end up getting shot and killed.  It's pretty much always a better idea for me to just try to swing away from the enemy.  Am I doing something wrong, or does the roll really not do much to help you?

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By godzilla_sushi

I don't use it personally. Once I finally discovered it was in there I couldn't understand what circumstance I'd use it in.

Grrrr.....

Maybe it's more of a single player thing.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

It can help avoid a sniper shot if you time it right and are approaching rather straight forward and blatantly, but mostly its not used for much else.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikeeegeee

I find that the roll is useful in one main respect. First of all, it temporarily increases your movement speed (in that you speed up while you're rolling). However, the downside to this is the second or so of immobility that follows the roll. Thus, I don't use the roll in combat, I only use it when i'm trying to pick up lots of health packs really quick. If there's health packs in a line and i'm being chased, i just roll into them and pick up all of them rather than lumber towards them at a walking pace

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

I used it once on a blind date. Very useful.

Andborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Andborn

I enjoy punching clowns.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MeierTheRed

I used it at some point, like the levels where the snipers are. But in my opinion the roll is not very effective, the roll distance is so short, and as soon as you hit roll you cant do it again straight away, there is a little recovery time on the animation. So i did not  find it super useful.

There is also the direction change on the D-Pad did anyone use that? cause i never used it once.
    RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RyanD

you only really need the evasive roll when you fight groeder because it is the only way to dodge him when he turns all electric and charges towards you

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By makari
    RyanD said:
    you only really need the evasive roll when you fight groeder because it is the only way to dodge him ... [more]
    Not really. You can also jump off the edge of the platform and grapple back onto the stage, or onto him directly while you're falling. It's much more stylish ;)

I used it in a few instances with the snipers. Roll, jump, roll, jump toward the nearest cover. Sometimes you'll get hit, but you won't really die unless there's more than one sniper on you and the cover is a loooong way away.
    coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By coyo7e

No, the combat roll is useless for anything except making you move slower.. I've been sniped to death while midroll in single player, in multiplayer it's useless against anything with a fire rate (I don't even try to roll from shotguns) and the screen-shake plus controller rumble while rolling makes it distracting to use.

Stay in the air, its impossible for enemies to hit you in midair on the normal difficulty of single player, and swing is almost always the best thing to do in multi unless you're camping with a machine gun or something from within a fortified position.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.