Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Bionic Commando is the follow-up to the NES classic of the same name. The game revolves around the protagonist's bionic arm used for swinging, and combat.

Revive the Multiplayer!!

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I really enjoyed this game when it came out back in 2009 and remembered the multiplayer (though bare on features) being awesome and an absolute blast to play. I hope that members of the community have these feelings as well because good games like this one still deserves an active playing community. So lets set up some multiplayer matches within the GB community and have a great time with this hidden gem from this generation, especially when we think of the next generation of consoles.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

I have never, ever played it. Put a ton of hours S ranking it, but I'm pretty certain I never even looked at the MP once.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EarthBowl

Let's play some matches tonight! It will be our own TNT

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EarthBowl

Maybe I should have asked the question: Does anyone want to play this game.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scroll

If I still had a copy I would.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll: Thank you. You really are one of the good ones in this place.

And to think I wanted to try and do the same thing for Lost Planet on the Xbox 360. This is really depressing.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be interesting to attempt to revive the forgotten Multiplayer games of this generation for a TNT or something along those lines.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll:Especially when many within our community are talking extensively about the next-generation of consoles. These games are hidden gems of this current generation and deserve one last look upon before we forget about them entirely. I absolutely agree with you that the GB crew (Or Anyone else in the community) should do game nights for these games and give them their last moment in the sun. It's an absolute shame that when people try to set something up involving these games that there is little to no response for participation.

Either people forgot about them amongst the sea of future game releases , or simply don't care anymore... and that sucks.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

@scroll said:

If I still had a copy I would.

Same boat as this guy. I have the PC version, but I think multiplayer hasn't worked on that version in quite a while, if I'm not mistaken. I did love the multiplayer in this game though; never touched the capture the flag mode, and I really wanted to.

EarthBowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EarthBowl

@dolphinbutter: Here was a game that tried to do something fresh and interesting while retaining to the style and mechanics of the series...and it underperformed financially. Jeff did a review that I thought was absolutely spot on. If there was any game this gen I would love to send off properly it would definitely be this game.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Been a while since I looked at the game. Kinda left it behind when I was laid off and the studio had to close.

Might have to dust it off and take a look at it again.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

I started playing this on pc after buying it for some dumb reason (already played it on xbox at launch) but the MP is dead (could not make an account because the server does not exsist) then when I went to play the SP the game crashed!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.