should I get Bionic Commando?

Posted by Expletive (1101 posts) -

I am a pretty big Capcom fan and and am pondering getting this game, but it has gotten mixed reviews ( Jeff liked it)

the gameplay looks very fun mainly the swinging but the shooting looks terrible and unsatisfying.

anybody played it?

advice? 
#1 Posted by Expletive (1101 posts) -

I am a pretty big Capcom fan and and am pondering getting this game, but it has gotten mixed reviews ( Jeff liked it)

the gameplay looks very fun mainly the swinging but the shooting looks terrible and unsatisfying.

anybody played it?

advice? 
#2 Posted by Diamond (8678 posts) -

Personally I'm holding out for some decent price drops.

#3 Posted by Dolphin_Butter (1984 posts) -

Personally, I enjoyed this game a lot. However, my tolerance for the game's Commando mode is way higher than others. Last I checked, not a lot of people were playing online; shame though, since the multiplayer was excellent.

#4 Posted by Expletive (1101 posts) -

BTW, its between this, SF4 and RE5

#5 Posted by bwooduhs (1679 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" Personally I'm holding out for some decent price drops. "
Yeah so am I. Since it sold like shit it probably won't be to long either.
#6 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1195 posts) -

Buy Red Faction: Guerilla. Buy it noaw!!!

#7 Posted by bwooduhs (1679 posts) -
@Keyser_Soze said:
" Buy Red Faction: Guerilla. Buy it noaw!!! "
I suggest you do it.
#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14790 posts) -
@expletive:  This seems like more of a forum thread than a blog post. Oh well, I say if you think it looks interesting then go for it. I haven't played it, but sometimes you just got to pull the trigger.
#9 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4314 posts) -

I really liked the game. I say yes. You'll get a solid 8-10 hours out of it. While the story really isn't there, you'll great sound and voice acting. Oh and the game looks fantastic.

#10 Edited by Brackynews (4226 posts) -

Rented it today, playing it now.  I'd consider buying it for $45, not $70 (CDN) like I've seen.  Other than the painful no-going-back collection achievements, I've enjoyed the first two levels a lot.  The early pacing is really good.  I appreciate that it doesn't start with a real abilitease.  The shooting suffers from a lack of lock-on, but you can change your style to be more of a sniper, and it's less likely you'll get swarmed.  It's not a shooting game, any more than Prince of Persia is a sword fighting game. 

It seems that normal grunts are dumbfounded if you're attacking with the zipkick, which is enjoyable.  They're not fools though, and immediately counterattack your arm if it's just attached to them and not performing a move.  Good balance of challenge and finesse.

The radiation zone complaints are valid, but what else makes sense as environmental hazard when your environment is 50 story buildings?  The story wouldn't work as an open-world game.  Having a path makes it a tighter experience, and really you have high-medium-low paths which are all different ways to progress.

#11 Posted by DirrtyNinja (724 posts) -
BC was a bag of pish. I hated it.
#12 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (4191 posts) -

Eventually, yes.  The game is fun, but the multiplayer has a ton of problems--despite being otherwise awesome--and it sold like crap, so I don't expect the game will ever be patched.  I predict you'll be able to find it for $20 or so if you wait a few months.

#13 Posted by Expletive (1101 posts) -
@Diamond said:
it just dropped to $20
#14 Posted by pieboy12321 (69 posts) -
@expletive said:
" @Diamond said:
it just dropped to $20
"
I think it's only at gamestop that it went down to $20, i think its the same price everywhere else

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.