Does anyone play Bioshock 2 multiplayer regularly?

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Because I've been waiting for longer than I should to join a game.  I've waited several minutes in several different game mode lobbies, and there's usually just one person who joins me and leaves in a matter of seconds.  I really, really want to try Bioshock 2 multiplayer out, at least once, before I need to return the rented game.

Has anyone had any trouble finding a multiplayer match?

#2 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

I didn't, but I tried it out when the game was still "fresh." This sounds more like a connection issue of some kind; I can't imagine Bioshock 2's servers have completely ghosted yet.

#3 Posted by Yummylee (21302 posts) -

I still haven't put more than 2 hours into the single player, let alone anything towards the multiplayer O.o
#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@End_Boss: A connection problem?  I kind of doubt that because I port forwarded Bioshock 2 correctly, I think.
#5 Posted by Feser (543 posts) -

If I had the game I would play a match with you personally - but is there any reason you can't do that with someone on your friend's list? Or maybe someone else on this site?

#6 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

Matchmaking is effed up across all of Live right now. It's not limited to Bioshock 2

#7 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: To be honest, I don't know. I won't claim to be particularly familiar with the inner workings of these magic boxes that play games for us. Regardless, if you're on 360 and are still looking for a match a little later, add me: TheSulkingDead.
#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@Feser: Well, I don't have a whole lot of people on my friends list and only 2 own the game.  And I'm not sure a lot of people on this site are available to (or want to) play Bioshock 2 multiplayer, at least today.

@Lies said:

" Matchmaking is effed up across all of Live right now. It's not limited to Bioshock 2 "

Oh wait, really?  So the "connection problem" End_Boss was talking about may very well be the cause of what's happening?  That's somewhat relieving. 
#9 Posted by Feser (543 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ:
If it makes you feel better I would go out and rent but alas I haven't beaten the first yet (I'll send you a PM if I ever get at and you feel like renting it again).
#10 Posted by DystopiaX (5296 posts) -

it appears there aren't a lot of people, because it always takes a long ass time to find a game.

#11 Posted by Cetra (61 posts) -

I got to rank 40 in mutliplayer the first week it came out and haven't touched it since. It was laggy 85% of the time, the game froze at points, and it took way too long to match make, even though there were plenty of people online at the time. I thought about buying the new DLC, but when I heard it was on the disc, I said no thank you.

#12 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4888 posts) -

I played it regularly for like 2 days.  

That counts. Right?

#13 Posted by DawnB (40 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Were you able to get a game in?  I know that I was able to get in a fair amount of the Civil War (Team Deathmatch) and Survival of the Fittest, though that was near the end of March.  I haven't tried recently. I know PC had more issues finding people.
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -
@DawnB: Only one, which I believe was "Adam Grab": the one where you need to hold the Little Sister for as long as possible.  In short: I disliked it very much.  I wanted to try other modes, but that never worked out.  I even went to try Adam Grab again, but still no luck.
#15 Posted by fugie7 (1108 posts) -

I use to play it a lot but since Just Cause 2 and Final fantasy 13 came out i don't even brother playing it anymore.

#16 Posted by Tornac (134 posts) -

I play it every once and a while just to mess around, but I never got addicted to it like a Battlefield or Call of Duty or Halo. Still fun, but there are way better options out there.

#17 Edited by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Yes. Often. Most nights, in fact, and with a close friend of mine. Aside from the awful glitching trolls (who also populate most online games looking for attention), I love playing it :D. More people should.

#18 Posted by Duskulblaka (26 posts) -

Yeah, it takes me anywhere from ten to thirty minutes to find a game. I usually start searching then like shower of play guitar or something for a while. It's like how you have to preheat an oven before you make food in it. Except not really.

#19 Posted by eduardo (357 posts) -

It doesn't take nearly as long for me. Been playing for about two weeks. Look me up!

#20 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Loosen up your NAT, yo.

#21 Posted by flannelbeard (126 posts) -

i still play it on my ps3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.