Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Holy fuck is the MP unbalanced! @.@

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I mean sure not at the very beginning, but heading in now at Rank 2...I find myself constantly being overwhelmed by every other player being at rank 20+ with much better plasmids, loadouts and weapons to easily smear me across the walls. What I've also noticed is that some players only go to constantly hack the turrets over and over for the EXP, like there'll be a huddle of players all around one turret just hacking one after another. It's ridiculous! 

Now sure this is like most games where you head in late and you'll find yourself getting massacred by the veteran players, but this is more than just skill experience, this also makes the game insanely unbalanced for new players with their crappy low level weapons and plasmids. 

Any other multiplayer games people tried to get into but where absolutely swarmed because of how long the game has already been out? And more importantly does anyone here on the PS3 even still play the BioShock multiplayer or is looking to get into it? I'm a lonely noob over here ='(

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

Here we go again :(

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yummylee
    @scarace360 said:
    " Here we go again :( "
    ?  
    People complain about this alot I take it?
    Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#4  Edited By Soap

Quantum of Solace had a similar situation were the beggining weapons were poor to say the least while experienced players were using guns that had to be purchased with money from kills. 

Once your near the top though.... :D

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By scarace360
    @Abyssfull: ya alot of the people complained about the balance and people in general complain about balance issues in general.
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Have you encountered a player in a Big daddy suit yet?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Yummylee
    @Lemoncookie01 said:
    " Have you encountered a player in a Big daddy suit yet? "
    Once... I was too busy getting killed by everyone else mere seconds in between to even come in contact with the Big Daddy player.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

I would say that the game is far from unbalanced, and I played that fucker all the way up to Rank 40.  It really comes down to the customization that works best for you.  There are a lot of different ways to roll in that game, but plasmids are the thing that make it work out in the end.  Incinerate, Electro Bolt, and Winter Blast are your best friends, as the charged versions of these can balance shit out quick between a lowbie and a veteran. 

A lot of people think the game is unbalanced, but there is a lot in place that balances it out just fine.  You, being at Rank 2, means that you'll see it as being unbalanced when you are just not as familiar with the inner workings of everything like other people may be. 

With that said, going with a "no Y axis headshot" strat seems to help a ton as well.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kishan6

it is unbalanced 
    but it isnt so that it gets frustrating if u know how to use the powers correctly

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Yummylee
    @jakob187:  
    The fantastic amount of customisation is why I'm still pulling through to get up the ranks. But damn has this game got a learning curve. Alot more so than your average multiplayer shooter.
    Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Lukeweizer

Don't just try and shoot people, use your plasmids too.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By natetodamax
    @Abyssfull: Do many people still play this online? I might play again tonight. Anyway once you unlock the grenade launcher killing enemy players becomes mad easy.
    DoctorOptimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DoctorOptimist

The original BioShock didn't need multi-player due to all of the reasons you've mentioned.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Forever

This is the only multiplayer game that I have positive kill/death ratio. All about the right combos.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By jakob187
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Abyssfull: Do many people still play this online? I might play again tonight. Anyway once you unlock the grenade launcher killing enemy players becomes mad easy. "
    I can nuke down a grenade-launching jerk-off quicker than he can pull the trigger.  Grenade launcher is one of the worst weapons in that game.  It's all about the hunting rifle and the crossbow with some Electro Bolt. 

@Abyssfull said:
    " @jakob187:  The fantastic amount of customisation is why I'm still pulling through to get up the ranks. But damn has this game got a learning curve. Alot more so than your average multiplayer shooter. "
    It does have a learning curve, as it's not a typical multiplayer game.  There are typical modes, but the researching and turrets definitely add a pretty unique component to the game.  I would suggest going into more of the objective-based games for some quick leveling, then try your hand again at the team deathmatch and such.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

Am I wrong for saying who cares?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yummylee
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Am I wrong for saying who cares? "
    Wrong?...No it just makes you sound like abit of an asshole. 

@jakob187:   
    Alritey. Cheers for the tips!
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Abyssfull: Do many people still play this online? I might play again tonight. Anyway once you unlock the grenade launcher killing enemy players becomes mad easy. "
    The PS3 has a surprising amount of people still playing. Can't judge on the 360 but more than likely if there's people playing on the PS3 there'll be double on the 360
    valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By valiantgrizzly

I've put about an hour into the multiplayer so far, reached rank 4, and I had no trouble keeping a 1:1 K:D ratio.. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had it on the PC, and it would be fun if it wasn't buggy as all hell.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlightConfuse

the game still has support on 360 i got to lvl 31 before going to school in august. i would say it comes down  to what combo combos/custimization you feel good with. it does not seemed imbalnce as the grened launcher takes 3-3 hits to kill. you are new to the gae so give it some more time

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By rjayb89

Aw man, I just bought this game yesterday, too.  And the multiplayer looked interesting to me.  Oh well, I'll get into it anyway.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By 234r2we232
    @rjayb89:  This topic creator is just lazy. It takes some practice to get used to (this ain't MW2), and like any game there will be people who are better than you, but you'll soon find your own footing to progress on (I recommend the Grenade Launcher, Incinerate and Research tonic combo).

@Abyssfull: Why can people simply not accept responsibility for their own inability to learn a game? Such a lame and easy excuse to say "I'm good at games but I find this game difficult. It must be wrong". Sigh.
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By rjayb89
    @sofacitysweetheart: I'll keep note of that, thanks.  =P
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
    deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:/ reading these comments don't make me wanting to play online feel any better. Just finished the story of Bioshock 2 and headed towards Multiplayer... but I don't want to hate Bioshock.... sounds like it's a common problem for people just starting out.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By samfo

@rockyhorrorgerri: Im not sure there would still be too many players online in Bioshock 2? But you never know.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SamFo said:

@rockyhorrorgerri: Im not sure there would still be too many players online in Bioshock 2? But you never know.

Eh I assume with the coming on Infinite, more people would backtrack to Bioshock 2 to refresh the game or play multiplayer... I feel there are enough to get matches in. I mean I am surprised to put in some games (R6V1, AC:Brotherhood/Revelations) and see people still play online.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By samfo

@rockyhorrorgerri: good luck! let us know how it goes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SamFo said:

@rockyhorrorgerri: good luck! let us know how it goes.

There are still many people who play online though I do agree the MP is severely unbalanced. I was rank 5 with an 11 and 36 against 3 50's. The grenade launcher is not a one hit kill... which I for one am not a fan of. But nontheless it is fun, I will continue to play MP though I still haven't been able to save a little sister yet :/

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#29  Edited By DeF

I loved the shit out of that multiplayer! I actually played that before I played through the story. All the way up to level 40. The crazy shit you can do with the plasmids (catapult yourself onto otherwise unreachable areas of the level, then set traps) makes this an incredibly fun game for me!

jbird1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jbird1215

I find it being just the same as most multiplayer games. I mean in the Call of Duty games you rank up and unlock more shit. But you can still do perfectly well even at level one. The newly unlocked weapons and perks just help contort to how you play the game, having preferences over others. It's just a matter of how you play the game and skill level. Though yes it doesn't help that this games over 2 years old and only the pros and boosters mainly exist in multiplayer, but it shouldn't be discouraging!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.