Is Minerva's Den Really Worth Playing?

#1 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

I just picked up Bioshock 2 a week ago for 10 bucks and I was wondering whether the DLC is actually worth playing. I thought the game was alright, and I am aware Giant Bomb awarded Minerva's Den best add-on of 2010, but I want to hear your opinions.

#2 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (437 posts) -

It was outstanding.  I highly recommend it.

#3 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

No.

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1577 posts) -

I've personally never played it but defiantly have heard great things about it. Also if you haven't seen it, there's a quick look of it.

#5 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

Yes.

The plot points of Minvera Den should have been the main plot for Bioshock 2.

#6 Posted by AuthenticM (3695 posts) -

Yes. Buy it.

#7 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Yup, I love what I've played of it so far.

#8 Posted by OneAndOnlyBigE (437 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:

No.

Liar.
#9 Posted by LongMasterWolf (171 posts) -

I just finished playing Bio-Shock 2 and loved it. Obviously not as good as the original but worth the money. I can't wait to play Minerva's Den.

#10 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Fuck yeah, MD rules.

#11 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

From everything I've heard, it's one of the best pieces of DLC out there.

#12 Posted by KingPossum (236 posts) -

It felt like something straight out of the old Outer Limits for holy shit factor when it really kicks in. 

Best DLC I've ever played (in a single player story context). 

#13 Posted by Sawboss (95 posts) -

I actually just beat MD, I had a great time. Separating the story from bioshock 1 almost completely was a very smart move and allowed them to just tell a cool tale. Also it is true you do not need to collect nearly as much Adam. I did deal with all sisters, but I had so much Adam at the end I didn't know what to do with it.

#14 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

I played it just a few weeks ago for the first time (now that it's out on the PC) and if you like Bioshock 2, you'll like Minerva's Den. It has a much stronger story than most DLC you'll find out there, and I think that's what people react so positively to. The story's good. But, otherwise, mechanically, it's simply more Bioshock 2 so if you're looking for anything new or different there, you won't find it. I thought it was mostly pretty good but a little underwhelming. It was nice, though, to see some thought put into the story.

#15 Posted by Ali_D (142 posts) -

Is it standalone DLC, or do you have to have Bioshock 2 to play Minerva's Den. It's discounted on XBL right now, but I don't have enough money to buy Bioshock 2, even pre-owned. (Yes, I'm pretty broke)

#16 Posted by Masha2932 (1240 posts) -

@Ali_D: I'd like to find out this as well. Anybody here know?

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4675 posts) -

@Masha2932: @Ali_D: Bioshock 2 is required.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.