thatguyalex's BioShock 2 (PC) review

• thatguyalex wrote this review on .

Not all it's cracked up to be

I am going to review this game in two parts so bear with me.

1) Technical

I had enormous issues installing this game. One minute it would work and then it could no longer find binkw32.dll or it would no longer recognize my Windows Live Gaming account. I can't think of another game I have had to fight with more just to get it running.

2) Gameplay

Ok...on a lot of levels this is a solid game...the story is ok (not nearly as engaging as Bioshock 1)...the guns/fighting are solid...but there is just something missing...it's a bit too "rail" shooter for me...it feels like rapture has been done in a way that makes this an unnecessary sequel...in other words...I couldn't wait to play Mass Effect 2...I play Bioshock 2 in stretches of about ten minutes before I get bored and do something else.

In short...

If you need an FPS fix...LOVED Bioshock 1...have extra cash...go buy it.

If you are expected a great game, I think (personally) you will be disappointed.