I loved the game, but here are 10 moments that made me go... "okay... this is dumb".
(This list is affectionate)
1) The reckless abandon applied to hopping through multiple dimensions during the section of the game where you supply weapons to the vox. Booker's like "yeah, alright whatever" to something that is not even possible to wrap one's head around.
2) Shooting Lady Comstock. It's a ghost? How am I going to fight a ghost? Well, I've got this gun. I guess I shoot it? Is that how you kill a ghost?
3) The finishing moves. I get that booker is a bad guy, but Elizabeth's reasonable freakout the first time Booker shoots somebody is nowhere NEAR enough for how he treats people during the finishing moves. The man is an absolute lunatic.
4) Eating from the trash. Somehow it made more sense in Rapture. It's hysterical to be walking around idyllic America and eating out of trashcans. At one point in the game, the designers put some potatoes in a scuzzy toilet because I guess it's the closest model they had to poop. My booker ate them. Again, the man is a lunatic.
5) Elizabeth is the most well adjusted shut-in who ever came out of a tower. She's somehow more socially adept than all the homeschoolers and gamers i know put together. In all honestly, I was sad they didn't handle it a bit more like Disney did with Rapunzel. It was played for comedy, but she was acceptably traumatized from having spent her whole life in a tower.
6) The first appearance of the fireman was ridiculous. Before he even strikes at Booker, he has set an entire block of Columbia on fire. Somewhere some governor has to mark "not worth it" on the budget for employing new firemen.
7) Booker sees a sign smack dab in the middle of the street that says they will know the false shepherd by his mark. Nevertheless, he makes NO ATTEMPT TO COVER IT UP. I can't tell who's dumber, Comstock for making a poster that sits in plain view of the entire city that tips his foe off to the one way he has of picking him out, or Booker for seeing that poster and not doing anything to disguise himself.
8)Elizabeth's ability to throw things at booker no matter where she is. At one point, she threw ammunition from the ground level to where I was camping out, at least 30 feet above her head. She even manages to fit it between the rungs of a gate. That girl needs to play for the major leagues.
9)How everyone is oblivious to the anguish of the Handy Man. I get that they're all racists and bigots, but they're social intelligence can't be SO dumb that they miss the fact that he Handyman doesn't WANT to be a horrible amalgamation of science and humanity.
10) Booker the ladies man. Booker gets hit on by crowds of women at least 5 or so times during the course of the game. They say nice guys finish last. Apparently bloody, garbage eating, middle aged men, with aforementioned psychopathic tendencies and quantum induced brain damage are hot, though.