Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Back from 2.5 year media blackout... What'd I miss?

CatsAkimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

After the ten minute gameplay video from September 2010, I decided I was going to play the game and didn't need to see any more media coverage for it. It took a lot longer to come out than I'd hoped, but I managed to only watch/read a sentence or two from various stories and videos since then. Now that I've beaten the game, what'd I miss? Any good interviews, trailers that show something interesting that might've been cut, or whatever else that anyone recommends I go back and see? Or good spoiler stuff from the past two weeks?

I feel like I made the right choice in not consuming anything else about the game, and it was pretty amazing playing it with little idea of what I was getting into. I was kind of surprised by how gory it was, like I was really not expecting to gouge someone's chest cavity with a spinning hook, but wasn't a big deal once I got used to it. Otherwise it was all pleasant surprises -- I'd totally recommend that if you know you're going to play a game that's getting a lot of press to just ignore it until after you play it (though to be fair, I did check review scores before buying just to be sure it wasn't a technically broken mess or anything).

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i caved in when all the trailers come out :(

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only saw about 45 seconds of that ten minute video when it came out and a tv trailer before I bought the game. So I guess I'll have to watch this thread to see if I missed anything too lol.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

l 'm like this with almost every game l hyped for. Once l think l will purchase it l will go on a complete blackout but obviously l check review scores.

I struggle to do it with movies though. I tried to go on a blackout with Dark Night Rises but everyone was talking about Bane being the villain like is was nothing. Imagine how surprised you'd be if you didn't he was going to be the villain in the movie.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman

It's funny, I had little interest in the game until it came out. Didn't follow it out of my not caring. I bought it on a whim and liked it a lot. I'd recommend this method.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

In this game you can dual-wield cats.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the stuff from very early preview trailers wound up appearing in parts of the end game. Which i thought was odd.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

l 'm like this with almost every game l hyped for. Once l think l will purchase it l will go on a complete blackout but obviously l check review scores.

I struggle to do it with movies though. I tried to go on a blackout with Dark Night Rises but everyone was talking about Bane being the villain like is was nothing. Imagine how surprised you'd be if you didn't he was going to be the villain in the movie.

I didn't know that Shepard Died at the beginning of Mass Effect 2. It was a brilliant experience playing it and just having my jaw hit the floor.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

@psylah said:

In this game you can dual-wield cats.

Yes but can you use them as silencers ?

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I did the same. I watched the very first 2 gameplay videos, which weren't in the game, and ignored everything after. I was so tempted to watch trailers and stuff but I forced myself not to. I'm going to be doing this for every game from now on. Trailers spoil and show to much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.