Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Bioshock: Angry Guy With a Gun

• 56 results
    uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By uniform
    @Winternet said:

This subject is actually a very good one for discussion, but people are taking it the wrong way. We shouldn't discuss why Irrational make the decision to go with that cover, we should be discussing why a dude with a gun will make the game more appealing to the common man instead of an art-deco image of a flying rhino over a 19th century sky city.

While the below is an incredibly juvenile-troll comment made in the original article, ignore the hostile generalizations and he does make a point I believe applies to some. Of course, people will have different reasons why "dude with a gun" appeals to them. I wonder how many the below applies to.

"Most gamers are man-boobed couch fungi who are only able to maintain a scintilla of masculinity by projecting themselves into the lean, heroic tabula rasa of online avatars. The avatars are absurdly hypermasculine. The more ridiculous, excessive, and overblown, the better the sales figures. It's why nerds need to own phones with names like Razor and why their panties need to be branded as UnderArmor."

I want to see that Rhino cover.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By BBQBram

Reversible cover please.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By bacongames

Dope boxart is dope boxart but it's a luxury when box art for games has been arbitrary and/or marketing driven since the very beginning. It suffers the sin of too boring and generic, which is a goddamn shame, but we are the only ones who actually care in the first place which we tend to forget sometimes. There will be a not insignificant portion of the audience that plays that game that won't even care that it has box art or think it's "bad ass" or something like that.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By OneManX

They want to sell more games... okay...

Cool.. It's not like I stare at my covers, all I am going to see is the Spine, so.. yeah this doesn't effect me all.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Acura_Max

Goods news guys. The box covers will be reversible. What's even better is that you will be able to pick what will on the reversible box art in this poll. Vote quickly because the studio is on a tight schedule! Polls close on December 19th.

Anyway, so far I'm really liking these designs.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#56  Edited By reckless_x

I definitely like the red design because it is different, but there's something about it that doesn't sit right with me.

Kudos to reversible box covers though!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.