Bioshock: Pluto

#1 Edited by paparoach (70 posts) -

I think a great idea for the next Bioshock game would be about a city discovered on Pluto by NASA's New Horizons probe which is on its way there right now. NASA decides to send a sole man to investigate the city and how it gets the energy it needs to function. The source could probably be the Nemesis Sun that some astronomers are proposing, and a man and a lighthouse and.. what?

Edit: here's some research material for my drunken Pluto/Nemesis idea

http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf.html

#2 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

Done.

You're cheque for one bajillion dollars is in the mail, see you in three years.

#3 Posted by Tarsier (1069 posts) -

ONE MAJILLION DOLLARS???? no way

#4 Posted by gamefreak9 (2371 posts) -

No thanks that would kill off the main attraction, passion and culture.

#5 Edited by BeachThunder (12091 posts) -

All the characters would have to be tiny if they're going to be living on top of a dog.

#6 Posted by casper_ (907 posts) -

you can't build a city on pluto. seriously that is more improbable than a flying/submerged city. i mean, maybe the moon or mars could work, but it would have to be cheesy ass 50's sci fi moon or mars.

#7 Edited by Winternet (8025 posts) -

Ship it!

#8 Posted by ShaggE (6554 posts) -

Personally, I'd rather they discover a city that's been built on rock and roll.

#9 Edited by Mezmero (1965 posts) -

If people wanna hear about hunkin' I'ma rhyme about hunkin'. If people wanna hear about space, I'ma rhyme about Plu-to.

#10 Edited by ll_Exile_ll (1811 posts) -

@mezmero said:

If people wanna hear about hunkin' I'ma rhyme about hunkin'. If people wanna hear about space, I'ma rhyme about Plu-to.

#11 Posted by notdavid (840 posts) -

Depends. What's the political ideology?

#12 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

My idea would be a city inside someone's body. Bit like inner space

#13 Edited by SeanFoster (878 posts) -

I thought a space station or moon/Mars colony as a setting for a future game might be interesting but now I like the idea of a subterranean city in the Earth's core.

#14 Edited by Th3irdEye (260 posts) -

@seanfoster:My thought's precisely. A city at the earth's core would be really cool. You could atmosphere it up with passage collapses from pressure and stuff too like Bioshock 1. That was one thing I thought Infinite needed more of. I constantly found myself forgetting that I was on a city in the sky until something dramatic happened. It was just like walking through normal streets lined with buildings many times. Also, any of the interior sections took away from that atmosphere as well. I never forgot I was under water in the first game though. They really nailed that.

#15 Posted by Mezmero (1965 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Son he's like the Walter Cronkite o' these streets.

#16 Edited by Wrighteous86 (3819 posts) -

I think a great idea for the next Bioshock game would be about a city discovered on Pluto by NASA's New Horizons probe which is on its way there right now. NASA decides to send a sole man to investigate the city and how it gets the energy it needs to function. The source could probably be the Nemesis Sun that some astronomers are proposing, and a man and a lighthouse and.. what?

Man Ken Levine, I didn't know you liked Papa Roach. Can't wait for Bioshock: Intergalactic!

#17 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

That's actually a awesome idea, how about a medieval city with castles and horses being under a giant bubble on pluto, and it's all game of thrones like up there but the year is 2894. How did they get there?

#18 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2499 posts) -

If you pick up all the Record-It-Nows (8-track based recording devices), it unlocks Luigi as a playable character.

#19 Posted by chilibean_3 (1657 posts) -

Bioshock: Pluto Nash :(

#20 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2894 posts) -

Or, they could let the IP sit, and not over do it. Maybe plan a game they can have out in 18 months not four years...sort of a sorbet course for the meal. I think if they went down the road of "Its like Bioshock, but in outer space" or "Its bioshock, but on the head of a pin" people would actually get bored. They need a new game that uses a new mechanic set around a new theme, and we should hope with all that they would have a 'new' energy.

#21 Posted by h0lgr (909 posts) -

Is this Ken Levine's evil twin brother posting here on this site? I actually think that's a great idea, but I prefer the climate of something like Mars more I think.

#22 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5720 posts) -
#23 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3429 posts) -

Sounds pretty alright to me

#24 Posted by paparoach (70 posts) -

If my premise is confusing, read this:

http://www.viewzone.com/browndwarf.html

They'll probably do "city in space" or "city in the core of the Earth" next. Excited for both. Infinite was an amazing game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.