Box Art Released

• 174 results
#1 Posted by beepmachine (618 posts) -

I'm pretty surprised Elizabeth isn't on there considering she's supposed to be the catalyst for the entire story. I mean it doesn't look bad but, it's not really what I expected. And that blimp in the top left corner looks really out of place, kinda fucks up the composition if you ask me.

Thanks for the image.

#2 Edited by mordukai (7133 posts) -

Hi look. A Box art with the main hero holding a gun looking menacing, how original. I bet this is the NA boxart and the EU and the JP box art will be 100 times better. That is if they a different box art.

#3 Posted by handlas (2659 posts) -

NIce artwork. No clue who that guy is... should I know him if I played Bioshock (I didn't)? Strange focus for the cover.

#4 Posted by Phatmac (5721 posts) -

Looks like a modern video game box art.

#5 Edited by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Ooh, American flag burning in the background, how edgy.

Other than it looking like every other box art ever, that dude is dressed up nice.

#6 Posted by MildMolasses (3213 posts) -

So that's what the Uncharted artwork looks like from the other side

#7 Posted by TearsInRain (269 posts) -

Sadly unimpressive.

#8 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

I like the little blimp photo-bombing the box-art.

#9 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -
  • Guy
  • Gun
  • Orange
  • Teal

Looks like we've got us some box art!

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11695 posts) -

Ugh...I thought this was just another mock-up cover. Apparently though, focus testing reveals people really love guys-with-guns on the cover =|

#11 Posted by Chrjz (319 posts) -

I didn't know it was possible to be disappointed by box-art... but I am.

#12 Posted by Dixavd (1305 posts) -

The only thing that bugs me about it is the lens flare from the sun on the left side just above his gun.

#13 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

The PS3 cover is worst, damn logos!

#14 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

Meh. At least the game will (hopefully) be good.

#15 Posted by Spuirrel (82 posts) -

Oh hi generic white video game protagonist.

#16 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

Nathan Drake has fallen on hard times.

#17 Posted by Milkman (16526 posts) -

That's horrible.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21250 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

It's like some sort of alternate dimension; we even have Troy Baker in the lead role who is basically of course the next Nolan North of video games.

#19 Posted by CommanderZx2 (134 posts) -

Elizabeth is not on the cover because all the feminists got their knickers in a twist over her appearance.

#20 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -

It looks like an Uncharted boxart, like the other dude said. Also, it should be written, under the title '' This time, it's personal ''.

#21 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Milkman said:

That's horrible.

I'd probably say that too if I hadn't seen the FUSE boxart just before this.

#22 Edited by AndrewB (7491 posts) -

@mordukai said:

Hi look. A Box art with the main hero holding a gun looking menacing, how original. I bet this is the NA boxart and the EU and the JP box art will be 100 times better. That is if they a different box art.

Ehhh, I'm not going to complain because it's just box art and I tend never to buy a boxed item unless I have to, but I agree it could be better. I'd rather see some really amazing and iconic logo work than dude in action pose. But I guess there are people who still buy based on cool-looking action pose on the cover?

@CommanderZx2 said:

Elizabeth is not on the cover because all the feminists got their knickers in a twist over her appearance.

Reserved for the reverse cover maneuver established with Mass Effect 3.

#23 Posted by TooWalrus (13136 posts) -

Yep. Doesn't look great. This is coming out on Steam, right? Yeah, I won't be getting a box, anyway.

#24 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

If this got approved, I'd hate to see what got rejected.

#25 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

It looks fine

#26 Posted by Venatio (4482 posts) -

I don't like it

Moving on

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9608 posts) -

It looks like an ad for a TV movie.

#28 Posted by Droop (1828 posts) -

No giant cleavage and anime eyes on the cover? Good on them.

#29 Posted by mordukai (7133 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

@mordukai said:

Ehhh, I'm not going to complain because it's just box art and I tend never to buy a boxed item unless I have to, but I agree it could be better. I'd rather see some really amazing and iconic logo work than dude in action pose. But I guess there are people who still buy based on cool-looking action pose on the cover?

@CommanderZx2 said:

Reserved for the reverse cover maneuver established with Mass Effect 3.

Fully agree with you. Not only it could be better but it should be better especially considering it's coming from such a prolific studio.

#30 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

What they should have done is followed the Death Grips lead and written "BIOSHOCK INFINTE" in Sharpie on some designer's dick and had that be the cover.

#31 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

I'm disappointed that they put Booker on there rather than the Songbird. That's about it.

#32 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

The first Bioshock's box art wasn't that impressive either, but it certainly looked a lot less like the cover to one of my mother's romance novels.

#33 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3748 posts) -

Face down, eyes up.

Yeah they could have done so much better with this. Hopefully they do a reversible that shows off Columbia and Elizabeth and the songbird. Those are the draws to this game.

Something like Booker holding Elizabeth on one of those rails flying over Columbia with a Songbird in pursuit and the airships around and all that. That would be the ideal cover.

#34 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Having the songbird on the cover would have been cool. This isn't great.

#35 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Gotta say I'm not a fan

#36 Edited by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

Does that gun fire tank shells? The barrel looks huge!

Also, someone start the countdown to Fox News outrage about burning flags on the cover of a video game.

#37 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

That look bad. Reminds me of uncharted more than anything Bioshock related.

#38 Posted by mbr2 (559 posts) -

A brown haired, white man in my video game? WHY I OUGHTA!

#39 Posted by WalkerD (461 posts) -

I can't believe they didn't use my design.

I also do portraits
#40 Posted by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@AngelN7 said:

The PS3 cover is worst, damn logos!

He kind of looks like he's ashamed to be on that cover.

#41 Edited by TheHT (10880 posts) -

30-somthing looking brown haired dude on cover with gun and fire. looks like a video game!

ugh. a songbird focused boxart coulda been rad. hell even have some dope art showing that dude fighting songbird with elizabeth in the middle. you'd probably have a better sense of what makes this really different than this boxart.

but i guess it's really just boxart and if you know enough about bioshock infinite to be slightly annoyed by it you're probably not who they were trying to attract with this choice.

#42 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3748 posts) -

@TheHT said:

but i guess it's really just boxart and if you know enough about bioshock infinite to be slightly annoyed by it you're probably not who they were trying to attract with this choice.

I totally understand this line of thinking but I'm really starting to question the whole idea when so many games are just a guy on the cover holding a gun, looking down or whatever. Like how would your game stand out in any way then? It just looks like everything else.

You can still have the dude and the gun, but then have some other shit. Bioshock 1 sold plenty well and didn't do this.

I guess they think they can grab a few bros, the Bioshock name will bring in a bit of a broader audience that knows the first game, and the hardcore type will know about Infinite itself. I guess I can see that with this game but at some point we need some damn cover variety.

#43 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

@MildMolasses said:

#44 Posted by ColonelRick (114 posts) -

@handlas said:

NIce artwork. No clue who that guy is... should I know him if I played Bioshock (I didn't)? Strange focus for the cover.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this is Booker. Y'know, the guy we will be playing in this game. ;)

#45 Posted by believer258 (11633 posts) -

You know what had good boxart? Resistance 3. No dude on the front. Just a reddish-orange background and a cream colored skull. It looks pretty bleak and dark and guess what? The game is fucking bleak and dark.

This is just not good. Glad I'll be getting it on Steam and won't actually have a box.

#46 Posted by ajamafalous (11848 posts) -

Disappointingly generic.

#47 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

It would be better without the dude and the blimp

#48 Posted by iAmJohn (6108 posts) -

Pretty generic, yo.

#49 Posted by Pr1mus (3809 posts) -

This isn't hot garbage like that Fuse boxart but it's pretty terrible nonetheless.

#50 Posted by Roger_Klotz (764 posts) -

Marketing wasn't too subtle on their approach to appealing to the mass audience on this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.